PDA

View Full Version : uninstalling Ultra Player

kings
23-02-2004, 05:55 PM
I am trying to uninstall Ultra Player.I have attempted to uninstall it using windows add/uninstall as there was no unistall attached to Ultra Player.It appears to have unistalled but now I cant save or play midi files in my floppy disk drive.and get an Ultra Player icon on the floppy when I attempt to save a midi file.Can anyone assist me. Thanks..

Pheonix
23-02-2004, 06:13 PM
Sounds like the association is still there. But need more info to help.
What Windows flavour are you using? win95/98/98se/me/nt/2000/xp?
What program used to open up when you double click on the Midi file?

kings
23-02-2004, 07:32 PM
Thanks.I am running Windows 98se.The Windows media player version 7 is my normal player.When I double click on the midi file I get the Ultra Player logo but am unable to play it as I have uninstalled it , before I could save midi files and play them back in note worthy player or windows media player.

MaryJane
23-02-2004, 07:47 PM
You have correctly uninstalled the program via Add/Remove Programs but as mentioned by the other person you may have to reassociate your midi files with another program.

Have a look at these two pages for info on changing them:
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/ac22.htm
http://www.toejumper.net/speed5/file5.htm

Stick55
14-01-2005, 05:55 PM
I can not unistall ultraplayer, i have looked all over the net to try to figure this out. it is not in the add remove. the uninstall does not work. i don't know what to do. anyone out there have any idea?

Thanks

Stick

Terry Porritt
14-01-2005, 06:58 PM
I can not unistall ultraplayer, i have looked all over the net to try to figure this out. it is not in the add remove. the uninstall does not work. i don't know what to do. anyone out there have any idea?

Thanks

Stick

UltraPlayer should be in the Add/Remove list in both WinXP and Win98, if it isnt it may pay to re-install it, and then uninstall.

Like all these players, they like to take over as the only player, so it is best before uninstalling to go into the Options and uncheck all the file type associations. Then go to Media Player or what have you, and check the file types you desire. Then try opening a file, if it still tries to associate with UltraPlayer, then use 'Open With' and specify the player you want, and check the always open with this program box. That should remove the UltraPlayer associations.

If all else fails with uninstalling a program, then delete its folder in Program Files, and run a Registry cleaner to remove the redundant entries. If you have a dll orphans program run that to remove any .dll files that are no longer being used.