PDA

View Full Version : Msgsrv32 Deleted

Hilton
23-02-2004, 02:13 PM
I had a problem with my computer freezing whenever I started it up and when I pressed Alt+Ctrl+Delete it was always Msgsrv32 Not Responding. So after a while I got sick of having to do this every time, so silly me, I deleted Msgsrv32 from C:/Windows/System.
Now my computer won't start up. I turn it on and it gives me the options to start in Normal or Safe mode, etc. When I choose Safe mode it looks like it's going to load fine, but just when it gets to my desktop I get the message: A fatal exception has occurred at 0147:0000BC9D and I have to press Alt+Ctrl+Delete. When I choose to start in Normal mode it gets to the desktop then it shuts down.
I read on a website that when you get the Msgsrv32 Not Responding message it could have something to do with sound cards and I have been trying to install new drivers for mine, so that was probably the initial problem, but now I can't even get into my computer to restore the Msgsrv32 file I so dumbly deleted.
Can anyone help me???

yingxuan
23-02-2004, 02:55 PM
Im not sure but maybe if u reinstall msn messenger it might help because when i load msn messenger sometimes it loads the msgsrv32

beama
23-02-2004, 11:38 PM
i think you may have to find that file you deleted on your install disk then boot with a 98 boot disk and copy the file to that directory path you gave This will all have to done in a dos session because as you said the machine will not boot into windows. then once this is done try a norma boot.

Good luck

robsonde
23-02-2004, 11:45 PM
the missing file is part of windows and NOT part of MSN messanger.

as allready said "you need a dos session and to copy the file from the windows CD the the directory that it needs to be in"

finding the file on the CD might be a problem as it will most likely be in a CAB file but you can copy it from another system with the same version of windows.