PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic: What's the randomest thing you have ever crashed?

Megaman
23-02-2004, 07:52 AM
i mean aside from a car, or computer

for me it's a calculator :p

none of the buttons would respond

it was funny

MrBeef
23-02-2004, 08:04 AM
What about a Motorbike?

nah um my phone first day i got it and went to get into the txt messages place to send and i press OK-And send at the same it came up with a execption error @ blablabla (like windows would) Then the phone was locked and i had to take the battery out...Kyocera KE414

CYaBro
23-02-2004, 08:25 AM
My Hiteker DVD player. Had a disk with too many MP3's on it I think.
Tried to start playing it then it locked up and TV screen went haywire and no buttons would do anything (on remote or main unit)
Had to power it off and on at main switch to get it to work again.

P.S. A new firmware update has since fixed this problem.

ilikelinux
23-02-2004, 08:26 AM
Would have to be a home built trolly (like a little go cart with out any engine)
Anyways I was going quite fast down our road then suddenly lost control, the wheels went on to the grass and the whole thing flipped over, with me inside.

:D Thats my crash :D

Lizard
23-02-2004, 09:06 AM
I crash my mind on a regular basis

*** information overflow ***

*** Hit head or enter to continue ***

As things go, my mind is about as random as you can get...

Lizard

zminos
23-02-2004, 11:13 AM
lol @ Lizard, I feel like that too somedays.

umm I'd have to say forklift... into lots of things, pallets,coke ( on a pallet ) toilet paper etc etc..

although you more likely see things falling off the forks than the forlift crashing ( you're ment to be good drivers you see ) but the worst I've seen is when I was 2ic and the head storeman was reversing the forklift back from a truck and 75k worth of wine "just slid of the pallet" ... I was pissing myself with laughter and well you can imagine how happy the boss looked...

:)

CYaBro
23-02-2004, 11:21 AM
A mate rolled a golf cart at a bucks party golf day! I caught the whole thing on tape! It was just like Jackass for those of you who have seen the movie.
$700 it cost him for the repairs :)

hamstar
23-02-2004, 03:05 PM
We were towing my mate on a CRX bonnet. We turned at the end of the padock and he went flying off and hit a fencepost with his thigh.

His thigh was fine. It was the fencepost who was injured. This was a band new fence and he had snapped the post off in the ground!

>A mate rolled a golf cart at a bucks party golf day! I caught the whole thing on tape!

Wohoa! can u upload it?

flying_green_leprachaun
23-02-2004, 03:21 PM
I was diving with a propulsion unit (closest match pic on short notice (http://www.planetscuba.net/images/scuba/courses/specialties1.jpg) or maybe here) (http://www.discountdivers.com/pix/aeris.voyager1.jpg)
anyway I was so busy admiring the view I went thru a school of Giant Trevally (http://digilander.libero.it/scubabob/Aldabra/images/carangide.JPG) very pretty till I turned into them & ran into another diver :-/

Had to buy the guy a beer afterwards to make up for it :-D

MrBeef
23-02-2004, 04:12 PM
haha yip CYaBro i can imagine that :P

Well i've rolled our motorbike 2 times, first time i was reversing and then it just slowing flipped and i had to bail no harm done

second time. I was going fast down one of our tracks at like theres a dip and it thru me out of the dip accross the race up and bank it rolled and it nailed me and i had to limp up a steep hill with a stick to lean on (and i mean lean on)

Lizard
23-02-2004, 04:54 PM
> We were towing my mate on a CRX bonnet. We turned at
> the end of the padock and he went flying off and hit
> a fencepost with his thigh.
>
> His thigh was fine. It was the fencepost who was
> injured. This was a band new fence and he had
> snapped the post off in the ground!

Well if its cars we're talking about... I gave a mate a lift home on the bonnet of my '84 Celica. The clutch was buggered, and when I went to change gear down to first, to go round the corner into the driveway, the car shuddered and lurched, and he went flying off the bonnet face first into the ashphalt (the rough stuff). His face was all cut up, but trooper that he was, he gave a bit of a grin and tried to walk the rest of the way, but he was staggering a bit, and was bleeding all over the place. I had to drive him to the A&E (two stitches) and explain for the ACC what happened. So there you have it - I crashed a friend! :D

Lizard

Nodrog
23-02-2004, 05:07 PM
Ahh! I crashed my ex's best friend. That's why she's my ex.

whiskeytangofoxtrot
23-02-2004, 06:28 PM
GX-10i Cellphone

Palm PDA

PoWa
23-02-2004, 06:52 PM
Linux.

bmason
23-02-2004, 10:19 PM
When I was about 10 I crashed my friends go cart. We were doing laps on his paddock and I took a corner too fast and wound up heading down a slope towards a fence. What made it really fun was when I tried to hit the brake I missed and jammed the accelerator all the way down. I was so busy trying to brake/fix the accelerator I didn't notice I was heading for a fence post.

The go cart and fence post suffered very little damage.

My most impressive looking crash was when we found some old motor oil and used it on the bearings of our skateboards. It made them much faster down the hill (we were just sitting on them). The oil somehow caught fire about half way down so it looked really cool when we crashed & rolled with flames.

robsonde
23-02-2004, 10:47 PM
I have crashed a telecom payphone......

have crashed sevral PABX systems.

MrBeef
23-02-2004, 11:00 PM
> My most impressive looking crash was when we found
> some old motor oil and used it on the bearings of our
> skateboards. It made them much faster down the hill
> (we were just sitting on them). The oil somehow
> caught fire about half way down so it looked really
> cool when we crashed & rolled with flames.

Lol nicely done! Wish i was there to see it

Haha i just crashed myself. We were swimming in a creek and we have this rope and log across it and i can usually swing and land on it standing but i managed to miss it and then swing back into the log with my hip.

Dont worry! the log didnt sustain injury :P

Ouchy ooow it hurts muchly

Elephant
23-02-2004, 11:23 PM
I find the easiest thing to crash is a shopping trolley. They seem to be designed NOT to go in the direction you point them and insist on going sideways. :-)

Chilling_Silently
23-02-2004, 11:37 PM
Anybody can crash a GX-10i
Thats not hard....

Crashing a 5120 is another story ;-)

Ive crashed the fan speed control app on my XBox. I would try any speed and it would just max it out until I rebooted it.

Ive also crashed a router, now that was scary.... Getting a 404 when you know the connection is fine :-(

Chill.

MaryJane
24-02-2004, 02:17 PM
Was waiting to be served at a Noel Leeming counter not long ago and leaned my elbow on a handy nearby shelf. Big mistake. Shelf and contents came crashing down scattering small appliances everywhere. That was definitely one time in my life that I wished the ground would open up and swallow me whole. LOL

hazza
25-02-2004, 06:41 PM
I sort of crashed my calculater yesterday by pressing "pi" a few hundred
times, then a random number, it just went dead...

agent
25-02-2004, 07:14 PM
> I sort of crashed my calculater yesterday by pressing "pi" a few hundred
> times, then a random number, it just went dead...

Wouldn't that be more like "it spent a lot of time trying to work it out"? ;)

Actually, I didn't think I'd ever really crashed something random, but two years ago while in Christchurch airport, I rang a payphone from my cellphone. I'd done this quite a number of times before and never had trouble, but this time when I hung up on my cellphone, the payphone kept ringing.

Stupid as it sounds, I got outta there pretty quickly for fear of someone looking around in suspicion. I presume the phone eventually stopped ringing after the "timeout" period. :D

Note to anyone who wishes to try it, in NZ, payphones cannot accept incoming calls (some exceptions may apply...).

wintertide
25-02-2004, 08:41 PM
How about making a hard drive crash with a degaussing coil? :D

At work we wanted to see what would happen to the HDD if we used the degaussing coil on it while the PC was on. We used the coil and tehn we got a lovely grinding noise from the HDD and the heads on teh HDD crashed and made a lovely big groove in the platters. :)

Lizard
29-02-2004, 05:12 PM
Randomest thing crashed - ever:

Cocktail party for chaos theorists.

Lizard :D

(bit late, I know...)

Gods-Hitman
29-02-2004, 07:09 PM
Computer Screen
Don't know why, Don't know how but smoke just came out of the back of the monitor and then the screen went fuzzy and them blacked out