PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla Bookmarks

bk T
22-02-2004, 05:34 PM
How do I backup (and restore) my Mozilla Bookmarks?

Cheers

Jen C
22-02-2004, 06:05 PM
Just go Bookmark > Manage Bookmarks > Tools > Export. Save the html file somewhere safe.

Just use the Import function to restore your bookmarks.

bk T
23-02-2004, 02:19 PM
Thanks, Jen C

Misty
03-10-2004, 04:33 PM
I have Windows ME, Firefox 0.9.2 and Adaptec Easy CD Creator v 4.05.

Have tried to go through the routine outlined to save to a CD and found that in the latest version of Firefox the path is
Bookmark > Manage Bookmarks > File > Export
---- but when I do that I get the message that I do not have the rights to "open" (never mind that I am trying to "save").

In any case since the other items on the CD are being saved through Adaptec Easy CD Creator it would presumably be best to keep to that means of doing the backup ( to Drive E).

Where can I locate bookmarks please, Jen C, to do it that way ?

Misty :|

Misty
03-10-2004, 04:54 PM
Actually it struck me that I should do a search for "bookmarks.html

Did that and got six results:
C:\ WINDOWS\Application Data\Phoenix\Profiles\Default 100 KB

C:\WINDOWS\Profiles\Misty\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\Default.Oai 71 KB

C:\WINDOWS\Profiles\Misty\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\Default.Oai.US 3 KB

C:\WINDOWS\Profiles\Mrs Misty\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\Default.fwmnukxp.slt 100 KB

C:\ Program files\ Mozilla Firefox\ defaults\profile 3 KB

C:\ Program files\ Mozilla Firefox\ defaults\profile\US 3 KB

Should I save all of these please ?
Misty ?:|

Susan B
03-10-2004, 05:08 PM
No, you won't need to save all those.

My Bookmarks file is in this location:
C:\Documents and Settings\Boss\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\default.3zl

Probably the easiest way to locate yours is to bookmark a webpage then do a search for Bookmarks again and note the one that has just changed due to you adding a page to it. :-)

Tip: You can double-click a bookmark file to open it in your browser if you want to see what is in it. ;-)

Susan B
03-10-2004, 05:09 PM
Hmm... I see you have one with "Mrs Misty" in it - may pay to save that one too if Mrs Misty has her own profile. ;-)