PDA

View Full Version : TV Capture problems

Nodrog
22-02-2004, 10:34 AM
I am using a Winfast TV2000XP capture card. When viewing reception is fine. When capturing playback is jerky with gaps in video and audio. I have tried a couple of different settings from the default but doesn't seem to cure the problem to a satisfactory degree.
Any hints please.

godfather
22-02-2004, 11:06 AM
What is your PC hardware?
Capture takes a reasonable resource.

metla
22-02-2004, 02:45 PM
Defrag your harddrive.

Disable anti-virus and other such rubbish.

Consider a sound card if your currently using onboard.

Half the problems are caused by the computer encoding the file on-the-fly,so use a lossless codec like huffy,lower the saved resoltion,and maybe go for uncompressed audio.

This well give you much bigger files but will ease the load on your computer.

Any machine over 700mhz should have plenty of resouces to capture and encode video,as long as other programs aern't interupting the flow.

did i mention a sound card?

By replacing my onboard with a soundblaster live i was able to clear up every problem i had with capturing,i can now do excellent quality captures all encoded on the fly with no problems at all.

Nodrog
22-02-2004, 05:26 PM
Xp1600, 512Mb DDR, GF3 with 64Mb, Soundblaster thingy 5.1.
I give your suggestions a try, Not much else running usually, I try to keep things to a minimum for efficiency.
Thanx

metla
22-02-2004, 05:31 PM
Hmmm....your system should do it all fine,guess all you can do is a defrag.

Have you got the latest software for your capture card?

Oh,and your better off feeding the audio line directly into the sound card rather then into the capture card then into the sound card.

Nodrog
22-02-2004, 07:30 PM
Cheers all, looked for updated software but looks like I have it already. Will keep trying.