PDA

View Full Version : Copy colour slides?

Maryann
19-02-2004, 07:44 PM
We have an Acer 3300U scanner. Is it possible to get a print from 35mm colour slides with this, please.
Relative in U.K has an Epson Perfection 1670 scanner and tells us that it will print from negative and colour slide.

( P.J runs off and hides under bed with cheque book, bank card and spare 50c....:D )

Maryann.

godfather
19-02-2004, 08:41 PM
The Epson has a "transparency (slide) adaptor" that shines a bright light through the slide into the scanner.

It has a resolution of 1600 dots per inch.

Yours does not have an adapter, and has a resolution of 600 dots per inch one way and 1200 the other. Somewhat lower than optimum.

If you could get sufficient light through the slide, then you could get a scan but it would be "grainy". High resolution slide scanners are expen$ive, but you are worth it.
Drag PJ out and get the gorse out of his pockets....

Maryann
19-02-2004, 09:09 PM
Godfather....all I can hear is PJ going "mutter...mutter...Oh dear!!" (or words to that effect that I won't repeat ?:| ), after he just checked out the price of the Epson I mentioned. $2629...give or take a few cents. :_|
Oh woe is me!

HOWEVER....have just remembered seeing an advert by firm who will transfer slides to CD, so all is not lost. :) IF I can find advert again.

Maryann

Poppa John
19-02-2004, 09:11 PM
godfather... I have been trying to persuade Maryann to dump the Dell she is using & get something that will run XP, So I cannot se a new scanner coming thro the door. Gorse indeed!!!!!!!!!! PJ

somebody
19-02-2004, 09:37 PM
Kodak photo centres will most likely do slide scans for a small charge.

Graham L
20-02-2004, 09:43 AM
Become a scientist. :D Use the experimental method.

Try it. First try with a piece of the whitest paper you can find over the slide. Or try a mirror. The light going twice through the film might be better or worse than ther reflection of the light you rely on for a normal scan.

Just use the maximum "optical" resolution. Any higher settings will probably give worse results.

CYaBro
20-02-2004, 09:52 AM
Or do what a mate of mine did.

Put them in the slide projector and then took a photo of each slide with a decent digital camera as they are projected onto the wall. :)

Not the best way but they came out OK.