PDA

View Full Version : WIN.INI, & Iomega Zip

15-05-2000, 02:37 PM
I have a problem in that when I boot up the following two error messages appear on the desktop, one after the other.
(1) 'Cannot find the file 'reminder.exe' [or one of its components]. Make sure the path and file name are correct and that all required libraries are available'.
(2) 'Could not load or run 'remind.exe' specified in the WIN.INI file. Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference to it in the WIN.INI file'.
I run an Arche Technologies computer less than 12 months old with Windows 98 4.10.98, HP 690C printer and HP5100C scanner, and only recently joined the internet using IE4. which came on the 98 disc and which I have upgraded to IE5
The problem first appeared when I tried to connect an external (parallel port) Zip Drive. The Zip did not work, and I could not connect to my ISP. The machine told me 'conflicted with the modem'. I removed the Zip from the system and, (with help from Paradise), the modem worked again. But the problem with WIN.INI appeared.
The vendor's invoice describes the modem as 'PCI 56K INTERNAL TAM/FAX/DATA K56FLEX', the system describes it as Rockwell HCF56K Data Fax RTAD PCI modem. It runs on COM3.
I would like to remove the two error messages, and also to install the Zip drive.