PDA

View Full Version : windows xp pro profiles

daves
12-02-2004, 08:07 PM
Evening all,I have a number of profiles I am trying to set up for my family, I log on as the administrator and go to create a user but then get told i first have to make an administrator user then the rest ,so I do that but the other users do not get created so i go back to admin,change them to power users and the profile is created but then i can not change even the desktop picture and it seems like nothing else is saving its settings.
Have I missed a step?..or stuffed up something,our IT guy at work thinks that the right bits are in there (policies etc)but the profiles will not work properly,I have tried this more than once but always the same result.Does this mean a re-install..it was working great up to now.
can anyone please help.

PoWa
12-02-2004, 08:53 PM
Hi, are you making the new users via the computer management function?

daves
14-02-2004, 04:39 PM
I tried the first time by using the user accounts in control panel and when that failed I read the help and tried doing it from the computer management/local users area, but even though I got the profiles created,(as power users- "limited account"did not work) they still will not function correctly