PDA

View Full Version : Raise up and Revolt!

taxboy4
08-02-2004, 02:05 PM
Well, not really.

Is there any way we can put pressure on Telecom to raise it ridiculous caps on usage?

I have a full speed (hah!) DSL connection with a 1GB cap. I'm sick of having to watch my limit or just pay 20c a Meg, esp. when local traffic is at a much lower cost to Telecom.

I want a 2GB cap with excess billed at 2c / MB for local traffic but unsure how to go about with it?

Thoughts?

DangerousDave
08-02-2004, 02:09 PM
Don't do anything be a good and knowledgble citizen who knows that what telecom is doing must be right

;)

- David
p.s. someone did a petition to telecom... hasn't done anything though

taxboy4
08-02-2004, 02:12 PM
If I wasn't a firmly entrenched member of the Establishment, living of the sweat of the workers and other prolieteria I'd demonstrate, or sell Telecom out of my share portfolio (well once they have distributed the latest dividend of course...)

metla
08-02-2004, 02:13 PM
I want 256 with at least a 7 gig cap,and when reached i want it to slow down to 56k speeds rather then incur futher costs.

And i want it for less then 60 a month.

Graham L
08-02-2004, 03:46 PM
I want a million dollars from Lotto. Or two.

metla
08-02-2004, 03:49 PM
I could do with a couple millin doarrs as well but i wouldnt care where it came from.

The above "wishlist" i made for internet feed is well within the realms of possibility,well they would be if our telecommunications set-up was built for the purpose of massive profits to one particuler company.

metla
08-02-2004, 03:50 PM
Bugger,ill try that again

I could do with a couple millin dollarss as well but i wouldnt care where it came from.

The above "wishlist" i made for internet feed is well within the realms of possibility,well they would be if our telecommunications set-up wasn't built for the purpose of massive profits to one particuler company.

stu140103
08-02-2004, 04:30 PM
> Is there any way we can put pressure on Telecom to
> raise it ridiculous caps on usage?

Nope :( :_|

I don’t know if you have been following the post here on PF1 & news articles on the NZ herald website, IDG, aardvark etc....but to what I have read from the above sites,

Telecom thinks that “Normal” users (excluding the people who like to download every Linux desto etc…) do not need that amount of dada cap.

So in till the gov starts thinking Telecom will still do what they are doing now, giving us crap internet.

heni72847
08-02-2004, 08:53 PM
compared to overseas.. nz gets.. uncompareable..
since it's so SLOW for so MUCH money...

Megaman
08-02-2004, 09:16 PM
$99 a month broadband

unlimited 256k service

clearnet