PDA

View Full Version : Downloading

Sherilee
08-02-2004, 11:18 AM
http://www.speedbit.com/DAP7/Default.asp?

Found this programme seems to be excellent anybody know anything negative about it??????????

Chilling_Silently
08-02-2004, 12:02 PM
DAP is quite good, although to be honest I prefer version 5.

If you dont mind the ads, it is good, but you're probably just as good off with GetRight which is ad-less AFAIK :-)

Hope this helps

Chill.

00falcon
08-02-2004, 02:03 PM
I have been a fan of Star Downloader and using it for over a year... it just simple... but last week i moved to Flash Get and seem to be liking it... it has more settings that star... and seems to pick up the links that star dosent...

metla
08-02-2004, 02:07 PM
Flashget is an excellent downlaod manager,easily far superiour to others i have used,it has the ability to paste urls,scan sites for files,extract only the type of files needed,....and much much more.

much more.

Fire-and-Ice
08-02-2004, 02:54 PM
I also use Flashget but have heard that Leechget is even better. Will be trying it out sometime to compare them and see for myself. ;-)

yingxuan
08-02-2004, 03:21 PM
I had download accelerator 5.The latest one has too many advertisments.I went to flashget instead.I just wish download accelerator had less advertisment.
Flashget is a bit faster but i just don't like the look and how everything is set out.

agent
08-02-2004, 03:48 PM
I'll vouch for LeechGet, it's free (for personal use) and ad-free too. I tried FlashGet but didn't think it was much better.

However, I am now an avid fan of WackGet (http://www.millweed.com/projects/wackget/) (never tried Star Downloader, but I wouldn't mind betting that WackGet is even simpler!).

zqwerty
08-02-2004, 05:16 PM
agent,

I have had WackGet on my computer for about a month now, because you or someone else recommended it, and I can't figure out what to do.

So here I am and the link says:

----DownLoad(whatever)----

What do I do now? I have tried 'right click -d/l with WackGet-. and I get an error message.

Jamesioitron
08-02-2004, 05:18 PM
NetPumper all the way!

agent
08-02-2004, 06:02 PM
Sounds like you told it to integrate into IE, and it's failed for some reason. My best advice would be to untick this option in WackGet's Preferences, maybe restart for the sake of it, and tick the option again.

That's about where the advice I can give stops, because I use Mozilla Firebird. My method of downloading is to right-click on a URL, select "Copy Link Location" (in IE, that should be something like "Copy Shortcut"), then Ctrl+V the link into WackGet's window.

WackGet can't be used as a download accelerator, but I didn't like any of the alternatives to LeechGet, and frankly, LeechGet does have some flaws, so I turned to WackGet. After all, my main need is for the ability to pause a download (despite the fact that can be done with Firebird).

zqwerty
08-02-2004, 07:54 PM
Will Do, agent.