PDA

View Full Version : Computer access warning

Baldy
06-02-2004, 05:48 PM
Just a word of thanks to the PressF1 user who has gone to the trouble of (attempting) to change my PressF1 password, my AOL password, gained access to my MSN Explorer, changed the password on my msn.com email - thus gaining the names and email address' of several contacts, deleted a online account I have used for 3 years, attempted to redirect my emails to a hotmail address..... oh and probably other things yet to be discovered........

The fun is only beginning, and its just the beginning of February

Billy T
06-02-2004, 06:03 PM
Sounds like you are having a fairly rugged experience there Baldy, but how do you know it is a PF1 user?

Hope you sort it soon.

Good luck.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

stu140103
06-02-2004, 06:21 PM
It sounds like a you have got a password logger on your computer :(

Wild Honey
07-02-2004, 12:16 PM
Why would anyone from here want to do that to you?
?:|

Baldy
07-02-2004, 09:21 PM
VERY FARKIN FUNNY

agent
07-02-2004, 09:41 PM
But that's illegal :O

Wild Honey
07-02-2004, 09:43 PM
Billy T, can you contact me urgently

Growly
07-02-2004, 11:56 PM

Don't mean to be noisy, but sounds exciting!

dotcommander
08-02-2004, 12:03 AM
what have you been downloading

Baldy
08-02-2004, 08:29 AM
OK, I am going to post another thread on this, but seek advise from Robo first.

Can anyone tell me a scan that will show up what is being used to as a key/password logger ?

Oh and Pollly/Cappucino/Pauline Prent (or whatever name you are calling yourself these days) perhaps you would like to post on here what I have done to you so everyone can see what heartbreaker I am, instead of sending silly emails to my family, friends and 10 year old daughter. hacking into my computer to find what sites I am visiting, or maybe you would like to have another go at changing my passwords. I know you have sent me a key logger cause you knew my other PressF1 identity

If anyone can give me some advise on scanning my computer, please contact me at Big_Baldy (at) emessenn dot com.

If the spam bots pick it up, it won't matter as my Xtra email addy, personal phone number and address have been plastered over the internet by the person named

Megaman
08-02-2004, 08:34 AM
do you have stuff like

Anti virus?
firewall?
adaware/spybot search and destroy?

run all of those
also try to go to an a/v company website to see if they can help (maybe its a trogan, so try a trogan removal tool)
and go to windows update

good luck

agent
08-02-2004, 08:41 AM
Er, are you accusing Pollly of this? (Sorry if I'm misinterpreting what you're saying).

You _should_ be able to use Spybot - S&D (as per usual, http://security.kolla.de) to scan, just make sure you download the latest updates, and go through the exclusion list before running a scan (untick all the exclusions so it does a full and complete scan), you probably also want to check out the options and customise those too.

However, I'd also suggest checking msconfig and/or Task Manager for suspicious programs. There are some programs which are part of the system, such as "lsass.exe", "svchost.exe", "services.exe", "winlogon.exe", "csrss.exe", and "smss.exe" - you might also want to look for small deviations in the spelling of the tasks running. Check what's set to load with MSconfig, disable everything set to run at bootup, and then perhaps enable only what you think you need to load (such as a program used by your soundcard drivers, for instance).

Baldy
08-02-2004, 08:44 AM
> Er, are you accusing Pollly of this? (Sorry if I'm
> misinterpreting what you're saying).

YES!

I am not accusing. I know. And have the evidence

Baldy
08-02-2004, 08:47 AM
And sending emails to my 10yr old daughter is pretty stinking low

I will not say anything more on this forum about it, as its a private matter. I just need the name of a good scanner. I'll probably reformatt anyway

metla
08-02-2004, 09:28 AM
Thecleaner is a good trojan scanner with a free trial period that may pick whatever you have on your system.

I think it can be found at www.moosoft.com

Big John
08-02-2004, 10:08 AM
> Oh and Pollly/Cappucino/Pauline Prent (or whatever
> name you are calling yourself these days) perhaps you

You better have good evidence to back those words up or you might be done for slander. In the USA you would be already.

Billy T
08-02-2004, 10:18 AM
Sure can, but how?

I'm not sure I have seen an email address for you anywhere.
Either post a disposable address or remind me of any mutual acquantance who could give me contact details.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Pheonix
08-02-2004, 11:03 AM
The best freebe for picking up keyloggers/dialers would be a2 free from here (http://www.anti-trojan.net/)

And may you nail the pr**k Baldy. If I can be of any assistance , just post.

Baldy
08-02-2004, 11:23 AM
> > Oh and Pollly/Cappucino/Pauline Prent (or whatever
> > name you are calling yourself these days) perhaps
> you
>
> You better have good evidence to back those words up
> or you might be done for slander. In the USA you
> would be already.

Yes, 100% fail safe info John........ and the info she was sending out can only be accessed from my computer

Terry Porritt
08-02-2004, 11:28 AM
A distasteful posting, smacks of dirty linen in public etc, neither does it conform to the rules.

metla
08-02-2004, 01:02 PM
Meh......Better off out here in the open.