PDA

View Full Version : CPU Ratio

wyndra
06-02-2004, 02:54 PM
I deleted some settings from my task bar and I now have this message when I start up.
CPU ratio changed fail.
Set CPU ratio as default .
Please re-enter CPU settings in the CMOS setup and remember to save before quit.
How do I do this ?????.
Also I seem to have lost my windows explorer from my programme list though I can get it if I go to find,how do I get that back.
Thanks for your help

the highlander
06-02-2004, 03:53 PM
We need to know a few more details to assist you.
What operating system ? (95,98, me, Win 2k, xp etc)
Motherboard name/brand and cpu type
Any idea what settings you deleted ?

tommy
06-02-2004, 03:53 PM
You need to list your version of Windows and your computer specifications, eg what processor, motherboard, etc.

Kenshin
06-02-2004, 04:04 PM
hmm...that's very strange...CPU ratio is something that u change inside the bios not in windows ....

Best bet is to go into ur bios and load the optimised default or the fail safe default and see how that goes ... and if that doesn't work u ll have to clear ur CMOS and and then load the bios defaults. Depending on the motherboard u have, to clear the CMOS u might have to pull out the battery on ur motherboard or just shorting a couple of pins on the motherboard using a jumper...u r gonna have to find that out from ur mobo manual.

hope this helps.

tommy
06-02-2004, 04:23 PM
> hmm...that's very strange...CPU ratio is something that u change inside the bios not in windows ....

The poster asked a question about Windows Explorer and it would help to know what version is being run to provide the answer.

Mike
06-02-2004, 06:57 PM
> > hmm...that's very strange...CPU ratio is something
> that u change inside the bios not in windows ....
>
> The poster asked a question about Windows Explorer
> and it would help to know what version is being run
> to provide the answer.

That's correct, but I don't think Kenshin would be able to help you with that... ?:|

Mike.

wyndra
06-02-2004, 11:10 PM
Windows 98 explorer 6

Fire-and-Ice
07-02-2004, 07:30 AM
> Also I seem to have lost my windows explorer from my programme list though I can get it if I go to find,how do I get that back.

Next time you find windows explorer after a search right click it and choose "Create a shortcut on desktop" then drag that shortcut onto your Start Menu. Once there you can drag it to wherever you wish to keep it.

wyndra
09-02-2004, 12:20 PM
thanks for that, it worked perfectly.
Wyndra

wyndra
09-02-2004, 12:23 PM
thanks for all your help out there