PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla Firebird, pictures on some sites wont load

Term_X
01-02-2004, 09:28 PM
hi folks ;-)

just installed mozilla firebird and its goin great, just on the odd site, some pictures dont load, whys this?

cheers ;-)

Chilling_Silently
01-02-2004, 09:34 PM
Two things come to mind:
1. Its a flash animation, not a pic?
2. You might have blocked it.. Try it with the PressF1 pics by right-clicking on the image and selecting "Block Images From This Server". If you have, you'll need to un-block them :-)

Chill.

Term_X
01-02-2004, 09:49 PM
hi chill

um ive only just installed it and havent had a chance to block anything! ive tried sussin my usual favorites.. IE and Opera can load the same pics, but Mozilla doesnt.. the pics are on mpegx.com are an example of this.. on the home there is a pic under the heading "featured software" and also the picture immediately to the left of the "musicmatch jukebox plus 8,.2 software" and also the picture directly under the heading "Software Pick" all other pictures on that page load.. also went to xtramsn.co.nz and nba.com (which has pics galore) and they load fine.

tommy
02-02-2004, 09:36 AM
The images on that page do not load in my Firebird either. The code is not compatible with Firebird for some reason.

Term_X
02-02-2004, 10:21 AM
thanks for that confirmation im glad it isnt just me.. but otherwise mozilla firebird works like a dream :-)

tommy
02-02-2004, 10:31 AM
I was wondering whether it has something to do with Java and have just discovered that my version of Sun Java is corrupt. When I get that sorted out I will be able to see if it makes any difference or not. Meanwhile others with Firebird may report their results with that page.

Term_X
02-02-2004, 06:23 PM
thanks for that tommy i look forward to the results, i have java installed which came when i also installed the opera broswer, and that page shows ok in IE and Opera

cheers :-)

bmason
02-02-2004, 07:24 PM
The problem with the mpegx page is the links to the affected images are broken because the author tried to use a windows style "\" in the link rather than the normal "/".

The page links to:
http://www.mpegx.com/images\dvd-cloner_box.jpg

When it should be:
http://www.mpegx.com/images/dvd-cloner_box.jpg