PDA

View Full Version : Digital Photos.

Maryann
01-02-2004, 06:53 PM
Can anyone help, please???

Is it possible to print out a page full of thumbnail prints? With no "index" under them and no spaces between..a bit like the "Polyphotos" of the past...(maybe they are still done like that. )

Used the Canon "Easyphoto", and Canon Zoom Browser but all I could get was a page of photos, which were bigger than I wanted...with spaces between and index underneath.

Really want a sort of "mosaic" effect...masses of photos and no spaces.
It's one thing to get creative ideas.....BUT...?:| If I do it with clip art and "insert" , well....the mind boggles.
Maryann.

Shortstop
01-02-2004, 07:06 PM
I guess any good Image Editor would do what you want. For the mosaic effect you describe I use Paint. It's easy and doesn't require much skill - just a bit of patience to organise your images.

Maryann
01-02-2004, 07:16 PM
Thanks, Shortstop....will have a look at that, but have never used it before. Hope the instructions are CLEAR.....think my "grey matter" is becoming unstable with the heat (or could it be "maturity"!!) ;)

Maryann.

Shortstop
01-02-2004, 07:24 PM
Sing out if you have problems with it. Just a matter of opening the images sequentially and dragging them together in the mosaic effect you want. Grey matter doesn't come into it - just patience!

tommy
01-02-2004, 08:13 PM
Maryann: this subject has been mentioned here previously but I am not able to find the thread. I think it is possible to print out pages of thumbnails with certain programs but you will have to wait for a photo expert to advise which program. Maybe Irfanview can do it but I am not sure how.

wotz
01-02-2004, 09:09 PM
Irfanview (http://www.irfanview) can do it.

From the file menu select thumbnails, navigate to the folder with the photos in and select the photos you want by holding down ctrl key while you click on them,click file, create contact sheet from selected thumnails.

Now you have options for the layout. Reduce the thumbnail spacing and margins to 0, remove the tick on write file names. You will have to experiment with the number of columns and rows, and width (try with at 640 x 480 or 800 x 600)

metla
01-02-2004, 09:17 PM
You could just use Word if you wanted,open a new document,insert picture,then drag it down to the required size,insert picture and so on.

Then print it.

But if you saved the document as a file it would be huge,that wouldrequire you to rezise the pictures before placing them...

Maryann
01-02-2004, 09:26 PM
Thanks tommy, wotz and metla.

Homework for tomorrow, I think. Now lets see.....how do I spell P.A.T.I.E.N.C.E......??????????? " Yes, I hope I've got it". ;)

Goodnight and thanks again.
Maryann and PJ.

Maryann
02-02-2004, 08:11 PM
Good EVENING, "wotz"

IT WORKED.....FOLLOWED YOUR INSTRUCTIONS :D :D Now have a sheet of photos, just as I wanted them.

Main thing seems to be, to pick photos of same size then it looks really good. Kept to the 640 x 480 that you suggested.

Boy-oh-boy....totally made my day. Thankyou so much. :) :) :) B-) We had tried Irfanview months ago, but didn't know how to work it. Got too busy with other things.

"Hi-o Silver"...PF1 to the rescue again....PJ and MA ride off into the sunset, with saddle bags full of thumbnail images......no food, water or ammunition, but hey....a girl can't think of EVERYTHING ;) ;)

No, not quite....PJ is still worried about our "lost" files on XP. Sounds to me, from MY side of the room, as if he's sitting on a cactus!!