Poppa John
01-02-2004, 05:30 PM
Is there an older version of this that comes as Freeware PJ

metla
01-02-2004, 05:32 PM
nope.

Poppa John
01-02-2004, 06:36 PM
DAMN. there is a free trial but it takes 10hrs to download even on DAP. Bought version is $600+ off the net. PJ

godfather
01-02-2004, 08:17 PM
Happy New Year PJ and Maryann

Photoshop is the top end of image editing software, and very expensive.
It can also be a sod to learn to use as well. Quite a steep learning curve.

There have been free full versions of Jasc PaintShopPro v5 on magazine CDs late last year. Needed to be registered over the web but no cost. Registration codes were available till end of this month in some cases.

PC User Magazine Nov or Dec I think
PC Authority also from memory Oct or Nov?

Not available as a download though. Also too big.
email me if you are interested. Address is

herespamhere [at] yahoo [dot] com [dot] au

A good disposable email address for attracting spam?

metla
01-02-2004, 09:12 PM
Yeah,what Goddie says is pretty much spot on,Photoshop is complete overkill for most

Even those casual users of it most likely use less then 5 percent of its capabilities.

Seeing as im just around the corner ill have a look on my cd''s and see if i have one of the ones goddie mentioned,if so ill chuck it your way.....

metla
01-02-2004, 09:14 PM
Just thought i would mention that the free trial of photoshop you cant save files,so its a waste of time even if you did download it.

kiwibeat
02-02-2004, 07:32 AM
I have both but hardly ever use photoshop, I find Paintshop Pro does all that I need it to do also its a lot easier to use

metla
02-02-2004, 08:31 AM
Just had alook thru my stack of magazine cd's and dont have that particuler program.

Looks like your best bet is to contact Godfather.

godfather
02-02-2004, 01:26 PM
All sorted!

Poppa John
02-02-2004, 03:13 PM
Metla. Thanks anyway. All in hand now via gf. PJ

dotcommander
06-02-2004, 01:44 AM
Have you tried "gimp" it's kinda like a free version of photoshop with layers, you may find it on a pc mag cd to save on download time. Otherwise you could be real naughty and join a hub (DC++) and download a fully registered version for free, should take you around 10 hrs on dialup...

Murray P
06-02-2004, 01:50 AM
Photoshop Elements is a cut down and in places improved version of Photshop. It's about $150- NZD AFAIK and very good. Likes a bit of RAM if your mucking around with biggish files.

Cheers Murray P

godfather
06-02-2004, 08:50 AM
Jasc PSP 5 is on its way to PJ, so that should meet all needs, without buying anything.

It was a free copy on the Dec APC magazine CD, and is a good program.
It was also on another magazine CD late last year so I had no need for 2 copies.

Gimp is fine, but I wouldn't impose that learning curve on anyone who has not graduated from using the mainstream ones. Its total overkill for this task and would be abandoned by most wanting a simple graphics editor.