PDA

View Full Version : Task Bar and Themes

bruciebear
29-01-2004, 11:34 AM
I should know this but it is called old age. I run Windows ME. I have had layout etc on a theme for long time so out of touch how to alter. I would like no theme so back to default or normal windows? Seems all of choices are a theme of some description? Any ideas?
Also on task bar icons on left side/box are normal size but icons on right side/box are too large and therefore out of focus ie. where clock is etc. How can I alter size of these icons or does the size of these icons match the theme you are on? However if this is the case why are the left hand side icons ok? Cheers.

Jen C
29-01-2004, 07:14 PM
Trying to remember this one as well since it has been a while since I have run ME, but try this ...

Open up the Desktop Themes program found under Control Panel. Under settings remove all the ticks from beside Screensaver, Icons, Mouse pointers etc and click apply and OK. Does this return the computer to the default look?

>Also on task bar icons on left side/box are normal size but icons on right side/box are too large and therefore out of focus ie. where clock is etc. How can I alter size of these icons or does the size of these icons match the theme you are on? However if this is the case why are the left hand side icons ok?

Is it only systray icons that appear oversized and out of focus? What about any other object down the right hand side of the monitor? Have you tried degaussing the monitor?