PDA

View Full Version : Looking for CD-R? Want the ultimate bargain??

Billy T
28-01-2004, 07:28 PM
DSE seem to have excelled themselves here (http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/40173f7207ff89f4273fc0a87f990719/Product/View/XM4256) so I guess this price won't last.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :D

dumdum
28-01-2004, 07:46 PM
Tell me Billy, do you need a special player for those little cds.

Cheers
DD.

Jester
28-01-2004, 07:54 PM
The price is appealing but I don't want to travel to Kapiti or Alexandra :|

J

Jen C
28-01-2004, 08:12 PM
I love those 8 cm CD's, they are just so cute :D

NB: Due to stock being limited, please be aware that in some cases product may be slightly shop soiled, ex-demonstration, or incomplete Therefore this product is only available to personal shoppers at the Retail Stores listed. All products do however carry their normal warranty and satisfaction guarantees.

Have they been used as frisbies during staff lunch breaks or something? :p

Pity about them only being available to personal shoppers at Kapiti and Alexandra stores.

Billy T
28-01-2004, 08:53 PM
> Tell me Billy, do you need a special player for those
> little cds.

Nope, they fit into the standard CD tray. Open yours and take a look, there is a circular indentation in the middle, just the right size. You can even play "Business Card" CDs with straight sided but they can take a bit od fandangling to get them centred properly to start with.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

dumdum
29-01-2004, 08:33 AM
Thanks for that Billy.
The reason I asked is that I have been given a couple and thought I needed a new player for them.
Cheers
DD.

Murray P
29-01-2004, 09:11 AM
What little disc's? the link takees me to a Cyberdrive burner or, is that DSE's page content refreshing again??

Cheers Murray P

Scouse
29-01-2004, 09:15 AM
Murray - you missed a real bargain.

Billy T
29-01-2004, 09:17 AM
Yes, 'fraid so Murray.

The offer was a 10 (I think) pack of mini CDs normally $14 per pack, now $0 (incl gst).

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :|

Murray P
29-01-2004, 10:02 AM
Bummer. I like a bargain, it lifts the spirit and some can even be justified some times, if you know what I mean ;)

Mind you I'm still working my way through 1/2 a 50 cake of CDR's I got given. Bummer, still.

Cheers Murray P

BTW. Talking about burning. I'm about to burn a general fix it CD for one of my collegues who has been hit by the latest nasty doing the rounds. I already have a few files stashed away which I burnt (burned??) for another collegue who got hit by MSBlaster and another trojan (they're both dialup users). Any suggestions on additional software would be welcome.

So far:

AVG.
Kerio Personal Firewall
Zonealrm " "
SpyBot S&D
Mozilla Firebird & Thunderbird
IE 6 + SP
MS patches (win98 in this case, hmm, maybe 2 CD's)
txt instructions on how to deploy above software (might be easier to point him to the PF1 faq's).

Fire-and-Ice
29-01-2004, 10:30 AM
Murray I found this page (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=33941&message=153026) a while ago and bookmarked it. Might be waht your after. :-)

Jester
29-01-2004, 11:28 AM
Goodies to have:

Adaware
Mailwasher
Aida32
IrfanView

J
:D

Murray P
29-01-2004, 12:39 PM
Ta very much. May as well fill it up.

Cheers Murray P

Graham L
29-01-2004, 01:54 PM
Jen: that's just their standard disclaimer for reduced price goods. It dioesn't mean the goods are scrap. Usually, it's just the last of a line which they want to get rid of. It's unusual for there to be enough used/repaired guarantee returns/missing bits/broken units to be worth putting on the web site -- that stuff gets a sale sticker in the shop which has it.

They often have stuff listed at $0 or $0.01 ... I think that means that the franchise dealer can set a price. :D When something is listed at $2 it's more likely to be a DSE chain shop price. Then you just have to be quick. ;-)

Martina
29-01-2004, 04:11 PM
Most important

CWShredder
SpywareGuard
Browser Hijack Blaster

tommy
29-01-2004, 04:46 PM
> Most important
>
> CWShredder
> SpywareGuard
> Browser Hijack Blaster

It may not be very wise to include those on a CD because it is important to use only the latest versions at all times, particularly CWShredder and Hijack Blaster. SpywareGuard may be OK however.

Murray P
29-01-2004, 05:30 PM
All done. One happy chappy with a disc full of software and unrelated tech info.

Thanks people had a bit of a block there for a while, annoying especially considering I have most of it sitting on my PC somewhere or other.

Cheers Murray P

BTW. Did anyone manage to get the DSE disc bargain?