PDA

View Full Version : OT. OK Girls where are you?

Ashka
28-01-2004, 08:42 AM
I'm sure there are far more females using PF1 for information than the regulars we all know & love. Not sexist at all but very difficult to tell by the names used :-)
Bit old to call a girl now but used to be. ;-)

beetle
28-01-2004, 04:35 PM
you want to know this why?

school has gone back for some regulars, some havent started Uni or Ucol yet.
others are just drifting.
and some of us, truth be known actually work sometimes? and others are SAHM and have a little spare time in there day. and then theres the ones that have a big at home baby.....usually called hubby or partner???? :p

life is getting back into that grind routine again it seems.

and then theres the ones who juggle it all and still have the life.

any particular reason you asked?

or am i missing a few vital posts as i havent been on for a few hours.....:D
?:|
and since no one has posted yet and i seem to be a regular who you may not have been looking for to post has, just to stuff up your day, nicely ... :)

still amazes me you been on PF1 that long (joined date) and have so few posts...... but then im known for waffling badly.

theres heaps out there that just lurke, and never post.
beetle

TonyF
28-01-2004, 05:57 PM
>
Not
> sexist at all but very difficult to tell by the names
> used :-)

Don't tangle with Beetle - she bites ! ( maybe (g))

supergran
28-01-2004, 08:58 PM
And for some of us, you can tell what or who we are by our names. LOL And as for posting lots, not me, I am here to learn.

Laura
28-01-2004, 09:32 PM
(Pokes head out very tentatively from hole where hiding after unwittingly starting what turned out to be a hijack of another thread...)

But as I guess that prompted this one, only fair to explain for the mystified.

Reading a thread called * OT: warehouse dell pc back again *may help.

Normally I'd say "All will be revealed." but in this case, you'll need patience & the capacity to mentally unscramble a jumbled time-line of posts over some time.

So what have the Warehouse computers got to do with the number of women on Press F1, you say..?

Aha..That just goes to show what a quicksilver bunch of brains this forum has ...hopping from topic to topic like lightning.

(That's my version, anyway.)

supergran
28-01-2004, 09:38 PM
Must admit Laura, that I come from the Dell thread to this one. LOL about the hijacking..;\

beetle
28-01-2004, 09:52 PM
i bite?

since when??????
ROFLMAO.

i just give as good as i get it seems....

im still not sure on the reason for this topic and yes i had read the Dell thread before jumping here, but didnt find it any different than some of our other threads / posts of the past where we go madly off topic and no end in site at all.

beetle

Ashka
28-01-2004, 10:06 PM
Yes it was the hijack :-) and I love your posts beetle, sorry if it came across the wrong way.
I did manage to reformat this thing in front of me with the knowledge gained on here. PC Co XP Home plus Open Office etc.
Thanks to all for being here to answer all the questions.

Michal
28-01-2004, 10:10 PM
Hi I'm a girl :)

But really its not me, cause I'm only 19 months old and this is my dad who is a regular... but I will be one day when I'm old enough to type, and to use the internet unaccompanied (perhaps even accompanied! :D)

Michal ;)

Sarah
28-01-2004, 10:14 PM
> Hi I'm a girl :)
>
> But really its not me, cause I'm only 19 months old
> and this is my dad who is a regular... but I will be
> one day when I'm old enough to type, and to use the
> internet unaccompanied (perhaps even accompanied!
> :D)

I'm a girl too - but I'm also not around, cause my husband (Michal's daddy) was greedy and signed up accounts for us even though we are neverhere (although often read some of the stuff).

Sarah

Jen C
28-01-2004, 10:16 PM
> But really its not me, cause I'm only 19 months old
> and this is my dad who is a regular...

LOL - some of us know who Michal is (and her Dad), since she is the youngest PF1 member and was in fact born the same day as the new look PressF1 forum went live in June 2002 :D

beetle
28-01-2004, 10:17 PM
LOL
i was not grumping, just unsure or thought id missed something,

it is difficult to gage who is out there,
when and who, how long etc,

but id say a lot of us a daily regulars, and others when they can.
the more the merryier i say.

i meant no offense, im always interested in others, new or regular,

beetle

Mike
28-01-2004, 10:20 PM
> > But really its not me, cause I'm only 19 months old
> > and this is my dad who is a regular...
>
> LOL - some of us know who Michal is (and her Dad),
> since she is the youngest PF1 member and was in fact
> born the same day as the new look PressF1 forum went
> live in June 2002 :D

Some of us know them even better ;) :p :D

Mike.

TideMan
28-01-2004, 10:23 PM
Mind if I go OT on this topic for a minute?

Have you noticed that sheilas eat sweet corn differently to blokes?

Most blokes eat along the cob, then do <CR> <LF> and start again at the left end (some weirdos omit the <CR> and come back along the cob), but most sheilas hold the cob and rotate it slowly, eating it around and around in a spiral until the other end is reached.

I've done a very comprehensive survey on this and found it is 96.2034% true. The outliers are proabably cross dressers or hermaphrodites, but I can't guarantee this.

Laura
28-01-2004, 10:51 PM
Wow!

And here was I wondering whether I could go Off Topic enough to ask Beetle what her school topics are

(Like- which thread? Dare not touch the Warehouse computer one again, even though she mentioned school in that.Still hiding on that one..)

And now I have to analyse how I eat corn & whose baby girls can operate computers..

I think it's called the joys of diversity.

And yes Beetle - interested in what you're studying?

beetle
28-01-2004, 10:58 PM
Well

um without raising the question of age, :p

i am in my second year of teacher training, im on the downhill run, only 18 months to go. 0 - 5 age group.

i know i wafle lots but when it comes to certain things i am or have not always been forthcoming, and one is about my training, this is my 2 or 3rd amount of university training???? that sounds terrible, (all completed satisfactrally) and totally different topics.

beetle

Laura
28-01-2004, 11:31 PM
Hey, Congratulations Beetle on your study choice.

I just love to hear of people who have kids who are doing teacher training.

No, I'm not one myself - but come from a family with 3 generations of that tradition. I'm the odd one out, but have heard teaching talk all my life.
Nothing against the young ones who do it straight from tertiary education or whatever (like my own lot did) but in recent years I've had friends who went to Teachers College AFTER some life experience - and they not only knew what they were getting into, but turned into really great teachers.

That's because they'd already had enough personal experience in dealing with kids to know what they wanted to do...rather than airy-fairy idealism.

Go well in the studies - in spite of your many other commitments. The fact that you're tackling so many shows your dedication to the goal.

Our education system needs mature students like you. I'm sure you'll end up a great teacher..

beetle
28-01-2004, 11:46 PM
lol :8}

thanxs Laura

having kids has diffenitly helped in the decision this time round in my choice of study, and i must say i enjoy this study / work enormously, (more than the motel at this point) and at times the brain fair sucks the kumera big time, and makes computing look easy !!!! i dont believe i just said that.

i must admit i have helped inspire a new friend i met through the motel to go on and complete a new course, (diff subject to mine) and she is so pleased with herself now..... at the time i didnt think much of it, i just said what i felt, and tryed to be supportive.

the physical exhaustion that comes with moteling is amazing, but the brain power i have from learning, and studying is just mind boggling. at times i even begin to think comps are not enough! i get bored with them so easy now in the holidays...... as if i dont have enough to do...... i have never been one to get bored, but a holiday will be well earned when we can afford it, some exotic island........ plans for a lappy by then.... :p dreams, then i can take you guys with me............. and talk to you every day.:p

it doesnt matter what job or study you do, but if you enjoy it or can help others, that is the greatest buzz ever. or just being with someone, for company, can be enough for them to rest easy.

beetle

Laura
29-01-2004, 12:46 AM
Well said, Beetle