PDA

View Full Version : Copy DVD purchased movies.

tedheath
25-01-2004, 06:47 PM
I have bought various DVD movies for the kids.
But how do you copy them if they are copyright protected.
Before you panic, I mean one copy as is my right in case the original gets scratched.

thanks
tedheath

ilikelinux
25-01-2004, 07:07 PM
I have a better place to discuss this, on my website,

http://ilikelinux.no-ip.info

then the moderators cant tell us off...

Jaguar
25-01-2004, 07:11 PM
I myself just got my writer.

Use CloneDVD and DVD Shrink. The two put together form an ultimate DVD copying machine.

Just started on my Stargate collection.

Megaman
25-01-2004, 09:12 PM
i thought it wasn't possible as dvd movies are dual layer and personal dvd writers are only single layer

kiwibeat
26-01-2004, 02:57 AM
DVD shrink reduces the size and quality to fit onto 4.5 gigs picture sound etc is still way better than video can also opt to cut out items and reduce extras to frames only and push up movie quality .

kiwibeat
26-01-2004, 03:27 AM
http://www.polarhome.com:793/~afonic/shrink31.htm

Chilling_Silently
26-01-2004, 09:50 PM
Add another vote for DVDshrink (dvdshrink.org). Just released version 3 not long ago apparently.

If its Dual-Layer and you want to Re-burn it, then there's DVD2DVD-R which will allow you to re-encode it if you have the Cinemacraft Encoder

Might pay to use DVDShrink to Re-Author the DVD and cut out the extra bits :-)

Hope this helps

Cheers

Chill.

Budda
27-01-2004, 08:43 AM
LOL, not that i care that your copying dvd's but you must think your living in america
"I mean one copy as is my right in case the original gets scratched."

Cause in NZ its even illeagel to make your own copies of cd's and dvd's, they think it might encourage people to start copying lol

Chilling_Silently
27-01-2004, 09:00 AM
Yes, but attaining Copyright Permission is NOT DIFFICULT at all!

I currently have permission to backup / show in public a good number of DVD's and Books and Audio CD's that copyright permission has been received.

Just write to them......