PDA

View Full Version : printing alignment

yingxuan
25-01-2004, 03:38 PM
I've been trying to print pages out of my printer but as the words print out the words on the right prints diagonally up.The left margin goes slight right down the page meaning that the page is diagonally to the right.
I've been trying to adjust the alignment in microsoft word changing the mm in left right top and bottum.Does anyone know how i can align my page properly?No matter how hard i try and adjust .The page is always slightly to the right!!

agent_24
25-01-2004, 04:27 PM
are you using an HP deskjet or similar? if so - thats what they do. as far as i know its not possible to fix. (but im not sure)

godfather
25-01-2004, 04:59 PM
It sounds like a problem with the paper alignment in the printer, where the sheets are feeding in out of square.

It certainly not something you would normally adjust from within MS Word

yingxuan
25-01-2004, 05:11 PM
Im using deskjet 656c.using a4 size paper.How do i fix the problem?

godfather
25-01-2004, 05:54 PM
Using your eyes, look at the paper feeding through the printer.
See if you can detect it loading off center.
Then see if there is a reason.
Maybe a jammed roller or one of 143 other possibilities.

If you can't see a problem or can't find a problem then you can't fix the problem.

Take it in for repair or buy a new printer, they are not worth spending much on if the paper transport mechanism is failing.

On my inkjets there is always a tendency for the paper to sit slightly out of square in the feed in tray.
Just needs diligence to move the stack into the right position with the paper guides.

yingxuan
26-01-2004, 11:35 AM
The printer is only 1 year old.
The paper goes in are centered.HMM anymore ideas?

godfather
26-01-2004, 01:59 PM
If the paper is perfectly centered and travels perfectly straight through the printer, then how come the printer is printing on an angle?

This is the question you need to answer. There is only 3 choices as I see it.

Its either that the paper is moving as the head travels (and it shouldn't).
Or that the paper really is out of square in the paper transport system.
Or that the entire printhead carriage is out of place and on an angle.

If the printer is under warranty then take it back.

yingxuan
27-01-2004, 05:37 AM
I tried moving the paper and now it prints in the opposite diagonal when the text comes out.Its not under warranty