PDA

View Full Version : *sigh* Another computer problem.

mejobloggs
24-01-2004, 06:52 PM
Ok, had our computer in again, and they said they fixed it. They did, but it came with another problem.

Now that the complete turn off crashes have stopped, it comes up with blue screen. Here is what they say

Just a brief thing, with key points

Number 1

Kmixer.sys

Page_Fault In Non Page Area

*** STOP. 0x00000050 (0xFFFFFF14, 0x00000000, 0xf2671EE8, 0x00000000)

Kmixer.sys - Adress F2671668 vase at F2671000, Date Stamp 3d6ddc1c

Not quite sure about all those numbers

Number 2

Driver IRQL not less or equal

***STOP 0x000000D1 (0x58726261, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x58726261)

Then it goes on about dumping to hard drive or something.

Where do I find these dump things?

Anyway, does that tell you anything?

My Dads going rather insane, had the PC in for about 6 weeks to the repair place.

We are not sure if it is hardware faults, or software faults, and it seems like heading towards a new PC, and this one was just new anyway.

Megaman
24-01-2004, 07:05 PM
i'd suggest a re-install of windows

after i'd used ellimination to make sure it wasn't a rogue driver, spyware, a virus, or bad hardware

Terry Porritt
24-01-2004, 07:13 PM
Perhaps you and your dad would find Windows 3.11 easier to use?? :)

No, seriously, these are standard Windows XP Stp Errors, here's what the book of words says about them, though you could look them up yourself.

No1.
A hardware or system service requested data that was not in memory, causing an exception error. The cause may be defective memory or incompatible software, especially remote control and anti-virus programs.
If the the error occurs immediately after installing a device driver or application, try to use Safe Mode to remove the driver or uninstall the program.

No2.
This is one of the most common Stop errors. The error typically occurs when a driver tries to access an improper memory address. Check for unsigned drivers, and be especially suspicious of recently installed or updated antivirus programs, disk utilities, and backup programs, which may install a faulty file-system filter driver.

I'd go for win 3.11

mejobloggs
24-01-2004, 09:33 PM
I cant reinstall, because my Dad has some programs that we had to get set up, and it xost about 1 grand. Something like Act, and QuickQuote.

DDo you know what I could use instead of WinFax Pro 10.02?

drcspy
24-01-2004, 09:57 PM
'had the PC in for about 6 weeks to the repair place'

shoot the repairers ............geez I'm a self employed tech and I fix things within 24 hours almost always.............I'd never even consider taking a week let alone SIX to fix a computer and as for paying $1000 was that for the 'fix' if so then I'd be demanding my money back and also for that money you coulda bought/built a VERY nice puter.......

after a very quick look at the blurb on the symantic site for winfax pro dont think I'd bother with it at all.........perhaps you all have some rather specific business stuff you need to use it for but I cant imagine what that would be ........most businesses have email functionality now so ???

robsonde
25-01-2004, 01:21 AM
could be bad RAM or motherboard.....

could be a bad driver.....

IS all the problem of the shop / tech who last did work on the system.

I would take it back and explane that the system must be put right with in one week or a full cash refund given...............
replace or refund....
fix or f*** off.......

from what you say the system is use for busness things and so you could look at claming loss of earnings....

dont take 'no' for an answer and dont take a faluty system.

skinnerjack
25-01-2004, 09:09 AM
Microsoft Windows 2000 "Kmixer.sys Crash" Patch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by M. Reyes on October 13, 2003 at 00:21:31:
"This update fixes a problem on your Windows 2000-based computer. When you try to play music, the computer stops responding and you receive the following error on a blue screen:
Stop: 0x0000001E (0xC0000090 0xB73B4CF3 0x00000000 0xED27F6F4)
Kmode_Exception_Not_Handled Address B73B4CF3 base at B7397000 Datestamp 3829162e - Kmixer.sys
After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer."

found the about note on the following website...

http://www.mrtech.com/news/messages/3203.html

skinnerjack
25-01-2004, 09:13 AM
SUMMARY
When you try to shut down your computer, you may receive a STOP error message on a blue screen that is similar to the following:

STOP 0x000000D1, (0x0000002b, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xEEEE1b01) IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Kbdclass.sys.
After you receive this error message, the computer restarts.
CAUSE
This behavior may occur if you use a Logitech mouse and the version of the Logitech MouseWare program that is installed on the computer is outdated. This behavior is known to occur with Logitech MouseWare versions 9.10 and 9.24.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this behavior, remove the Logitech MouseWare program from the computer and then update to the latest version of Logitech MouseWare.

For more information about how to remove Logitech MouseWare from the computer, see the program documentation or contact Logitech. For more information about how to obtain and install the latest version of Logitech MouseWare, contact Logitech at the following Logitech Web site:
http://www.logitech.com

MORE INFORMATION
For additional information about how to troubleshoot another documented STOP error message that occurs in Kbdclass.sys, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
313050 Stop: Ox7E Error Occurs in Kbdclass.sys When You Try to Shut Down Windows XP

Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
The third-party products that are discussed in this article are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.

The information in this article applies to:
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional

mejobloggs
25-01-2004, 05:06 PM
Thanks, but, I have a Microsoft mouse. The $1000 was for people to come and set up certain programs, like QuickQuote, NZAGOLD I think, not too sure what they were, or why they needed to be set up.

On a new install, we cannot get Winfax Pro to work, and it even said we had the basic edition, when the disk said Pro.

Because of these reasons, my Dad doesn't want to format and reload.

What do other people use for faxing from the computer? Our one intergrates with ACT, QuickQuote, Outlook, and Word, and it is very handy to just click a button, and fax the document.

Had our RAM replaced, so cant be that.

Could be bad driver. Yup, our brand spanking new expensive scanner! Cant return it, so we stuck it on our other computer, and it worked fine. Just have to see if it crashes again now.

Cant repair ourselves, becuase it would void our nice three year warranty.

Seems to be ok at the moment, since they fixed the big turny offy crashes.

Heh, this is how it all started.

Had a noisy fan one day, so we thought yikes, if that fan goes, then goes our CPU.

Took it in to get the fan fixed. Note that it was fine, but just a bad fan.

They said yep, we will replace fan, and your power supply is a bit dodgy with a little damge in it for some reason, so we fix that too.

We got it back, and I think this is were the shut down crashes started. Took it back, and they rang later, and asked us for our root password. We never have any password at all, so we were confused. Then they rang back, and said the couldnt even get it to boot. Then they say we have a dead harddrive, and graphics card.

Got it back, still crashed, took it back, they say, hmmmm, faulty something, something else, tum tum, IDE cable, give it back, still crash.

We could run it, and as soon as it would hit 66 degrees or something, it would crash. So they put in bigger fans. Still crashed

Ah, its your old printer, and its drivers, and possibly your old scanner. So we get a new one. Still crashed.

Then they say its a software related problem, and they said that was hard to believe, because they also could crash it every time at 66 degrees.

So they fixed it. We put the scanner on the other computer, and now we are just waiting for the thing to crash again, so we can take it in :-)

They said it was a driver making the computer turn off, I wonder what it was?

To think after all that, it was probably our fault!

Oh, well. They gave us a nice G4 Ti 4200 when they replaced our graphics card.

Poor guys, they must spent hours and hours on our computer, probably cost them a packet too.

Billy T
25-01-2004, 05:19 PM
Been there, had that, it was a RAM fault that test programs didn't detect.

I'd try RAM first but a reinstall might be needed.because my OS ended up corrupted and still BSOD'd after the RAM was replaced. I restored from a ghost image so no program installations were lost.

BTW, at $1000 for a couple of program set-ups, drive imaging is cheap insurance. I can't see how that charge could be made unless it included the software (or illicit copies of megabuck commercial programs).

Don't forget, opening the case to check RAM yourself doesn't invalidate warranties. In fact, come to think of it, you should be asking for a ground-up rebuild at no charge about now, either that or a return for full refund of all monies paid.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :|
Cheers

Billy 8-{)

stu140103
25-01-2004, 05:34 PM
Hello Jo

A few questions

1. Who did you buy the computer of??? I hope it is not a pc company computer! :D

2. What is QuickQuote & NZAGOLD ????

3. Have you tried reinstalling windows XP???? (You will not loss any Documents e-mails etc...)

This story is all most sounds likes beetles computer problems that she had! poor Jo

Good luck getting this fixed!

stu140103
25-01-2004, 05:38 PM
Also when it crashes, does the screen go black???

mejobloggs
25-01-2004, 10:32 PM
All those crashes I was talking about, the computer would completely turn off, so yes, the screen did go blank.

Also, we got our RAM replaced, because we had a faulty one, so that could be why the crashing has stopped.

Also again, I do not wish to say what company it is, incase there is a fault on our part, and it would make them look bad, when it was actually us.