PDA

View Full Version : Asus L3500D driver probs

Gordon_Roberts
21-01-2004, 10:26 AM
Hi,

I hope someone can help me with this.

I recently bought an Asus L3500D (ex demo model) and the seller didn't supply a driver CD, only 2 recovery CD's sans drivers.

I visited the Asus site, downloaded and installed all the drivers, but have found that the graphics performance to be terrible.

I checked the display properties and it shows that the SiS graphics drivers are loaded, and are working properly. The problem seems to be with the monitor/LCD driver. It says that a Default Monitor is installed, with 800x600 and 1024x768 screen size at 60Hz, standard for Win XP Pro. My question is what driver should be used for the monitor, as there is a lot of banding or dithering in areas where the colours should be continuos gradients. There doesn't seem to be an Asus LCD monitor listed in XP's list, and no drivers for the LCD appeared in the driver pack downloaded from Asus.

I'd appreciate it if someone could help out.

Thanks,

Gordon.

Babe Ruth
21-01-2004, 11:17 AM
Gordon_Roberts,

Well you may very well need the SIS740 drivers for the chipset of your ASUS notebook.

The SIS site SIS Here (http://download.sis.com/index_step1.php) will allow you to select the drivers required for Windows XP. Under SIS product select the SIS740 (for AMD platform) and click GO and then select the Graphics driver option. The one you probably want/need is "650_221_win2kxp.zip v2.21 (18,489KB)" for WinXP, Win2K.

Cheers, Babe.

Gordon_Roberts
21-01-2004, 11:53 AM
Worked like a charm. Thanks a mill.

Babe Ruth
21-01-2004, 11:57 AM
Gordon_Roberts,

No problem, glad it all helped.

Cheers, Babe.