PDA

View Full Version : intel CA810 motherboard

Z-master
15-01-2004, 08:33 PM
Hey all,

Not sure if anyone can help me, Im trying to disable the onboard video on an Intel CA810 motherboard. I've looked in the BIOS and can't find anything, My googles have come up with only one thing, which was that you COULD disable it by going into the Video Configuration and clicking into the Advanced menu. Only problem is there IS no Advanced menu. The BIOS is an AWARD BIOS, but im still unsure on how to disable it. From all my searches there isn't a Jumper you can set. I have tried upgrading the BIOS with no successful results.

Any help would be very much appreciated :)

>> Z-master

Chilling_Silently
15-01-2004, 09:41 PM
On most Motherboards, inserting an AGP card will almost Definately knock off the On-Board VGA, and a PCI card will usually take priority.

What are you trying to replace your onboard with?

Have you tried just plugging your new card in?

godfather
15-01-2004, 09:42 PM
Is this an HP model PC?

If so, they often use a custom version of the BIOS and motherboard.

If you are looking on the motherboard makers site, the options are different in many cases to the HP version. Therefore no option under advanced.

Often you can't disable the on-board video.

Z-master
16-01-2004, 09:42 AM
I can use the new card (PCI Matrox) fine, but the onboard is causing a couple of problems, especially with screensavers such as Nostalgic, and a couple of my other programs and games, even though the onboard isnt being used. So i thought prehaps fully disabling it would work.

The box isn't HP, not really sure of the brand.

Chilling_Silently
16-01-2004, 10:55 AM
Tried disabling it in the Device Manager then?

Z-master
17-01-2004, 08:45 AM
Yeah tried that, but has no disable, only uninstall. Uninstalling works fine until your reboot the box, then it reenables itself and starts causing problems all over again lol.