PDA

View Full Version : Saving as picture

dumdum
14-01-2004, 08:21 PM
Hello all,
Have just received 2 pictures in OE and would like to keep them as pictures.Although I am able to view them with Quicktime , I just can`t work out how to keep them as just pics.They are jpg quite large 400kb + and I was able to view them as they arrived but had to scroll.Should I try another program to view them in their entirety or what.These are large pics and I want to use one as desktop background. I am stumped and could do with some advice.
XPhome

Thanks DD.

Jester
14-01-2004, 09:18 PM
Hi,

Have you tried to right click on the picture's file name in the 'attach' line under the 'subject' at the top of the email and choose to Save As.

If the picture is embedded in the email you could also try right clicking the picture and selecting save as from there.

Onec saved on your PC go to the location it is at and open it with Windows Picture and Fax viewer. I used to use Irfan View for pics, but now fnd that the built in viewer is just as fast and it resizes it to fit the monitor, which is what you want

J
:D

Bazza
14-01-2004, 09:25 PM
Well Dumdum, it is very easy..I guess the jpgs are an attachment in your email. So then right click on the attachment. Click on "save as" then navigate to where you wish to save the jpg to. click OK.

After that, you can see, and deal with the jpg anyway you wish.

dumdum
14-01-2004, 10:13 PM
I`ll try that jester thanks..
and bazza the confusing part of it is the pics never came as an attachment to open, as is usual when receiving pics,so this is new scenerio for me.

cheers guys.

Jen C
14-01-2004, 10:22 PM
>They are jpg quite large 400kb + and I was able to view them as they arrived but had to scroll.

When you have managed to extract the jpg's out and save them to the hard drive, XP can resize them for you quite easily. Just right-click on the file and select "resize". You will have a selection of sizes to choose from, so select whatever one matches your screen resolution (probably 1024 x 768) since you want to use it as wallpaper. XP will adjust the image to fit for wallpaper anyway, but having a smaller size file to start with is handy. :)

dumdum
14-01-2004, 10:39 PM
Thanks for that Jen, I`ll try that,

All the best.
DD

dumdum
14-01-2004, 11:35 PM
Thanks for all the help,the problem has been solved
I tried what you sugested Jen and bingo all done

Cheers to all DD.