PDA

View Full Version : VIA Windows-Qualified SATA RAID Drivers

Growly
14-01-2004, 07:23 PM
All My problems have been revolving around the fact that I lack WHQL certified drivers for my SATA hard drive. I use an ASUS A7V600, with a SEAGATE ST3120026AS SATA 120 GB HDD.

I recently discovered that they computer froze because windows was loaded with drivers that weren't certified.

I think that this is unacceptable. Their website states that it is certified, but windows disagrees.

Does anyone have any that work?

PS. Have tried and failed on two separate Windows XP Pro installs.

JJJJJ
15-01-2004, 07:38 AM
Does your M/B have Sata built in or are you useing "add -on"
If you have sata built in you should not need to add any drivers.
Jack

Growly
15-01-2004, 05:12 PM
Built in....

No drivers?

Windows XP install disagrees...

The mobo itself can use it, and it does a dandy job, but windows has fits...

JJJJJ
15-01-2004, 07:57 PM
Sounds like I am having simliar trouble. I am still getting the odd message "Boot disk failure" press alt cnt del to reboot. And it always works second try.
I was reading that sata m/bs require no added drive. It's all done from bios. So I may have a look for a bios update.
Jack

JJJJJ
16-01-2004, 05:20 AM
http://www.seagate.com/support/kb/disc/faq/sata_detect.html

Have ypu read this?
Jack

Spacemannz
20-01-2004, 05:01 PM
Sata if onboard usually come on CD, if u purchased the mobo. The exe file is usually on the CD (Well was on the P4P800) I got.

One is meant to boot up Windows somewhere and extract the drivers to floppy. And yup, there is / or should be an option in BIOS for SATA

Something like, SATA-PATA / PATA / SATA only

If you're doing a clean install of XP on a SATA you can press F6 while the XP setup is loading, and it should ask you for a disk. Chuck it in and let the drivers load.

Depending on which hdd youre using, either IDE or SATA as the bootdisk

If you use an IDE for booting and use SATA as a slave. Its easier. You DONT need drivers. Just install XP on the IDE, let it install XP.

Once installed, XP knows the SATA is there. To see the SATA in My Computer, you go to Control Panel / Admin Tools / Computer
Management, click on Disk Management, highlight the SATA and format!

Growly
20-01-2004, 06:33 PM
Cheers man, but i knew all that :D

My problem was the actual drivers conflicting with the device, as the supplied set kept failing. I got a program from seagate which formats the disk by itself.

Thanks anyway :D

jjjjj - yeah i read that :D

Growly
20-01-2004, 06:34 PM
Oh and yeah, the BIOS can detect the Hard Drive no sweat, it's just windows that needs a kick.

Spacemannz
20-01-2004, 06:56 PM
And what about SP1. Is this installed?