PDA

View Full Version : dll corruption?

03-05-2000, 12:52 PM
I have been trying to bring up a web page. However it never comes up and when I try to refresh, the title bar of explorer gives this message: res:// c:\windows\system\SHDOCLC.DLL/dnserror.htm So I'm basically wondering what this means and if it's bad news.

I rang up my vendor support line (dell) and the person couldn't really help but suggested the dll file may have been corrupted. I didn't think so because my systems fairly new and I use virus scans constantly. We wondered if it was a dll file from a program I downloaded recently such as getright but I don't think so because immediately after rebooting I tried deleting the dll file (after copying it to a disk) but the system said it was in use. So I believe it is an integral windows file.

Anyhow the question is does everybody seem to get this? I tried typing in ficticious URLs and upon trying to refresh them I would get the same error message.

The real site I was trying to get to was www.empowereducation.com, but their server may be down - can you get to their page?

and does anybody know what SHDOCLC.DLL actually does or is related too?

Thanks
Neil