PDA

View Full Version : Auto-Refresh Pages

csinclair83
10-01-2004, 05:45 PM
A friend wants to know if auto-refreshing pages is possible as he has 3 Email addresses and his OUtlook express is only allowed to be setup for 1, as its a company laptop and yeah, and hes got his 2 personal ones and when he travels he uses webpages to access his 2 personal ones, xtra and ihug...and it irritates him having to refresh the pages when he has the pages open for ages while working on the computer doing other things, he wants to be able to have the pages autorefresh so he can just alt+tab to them and if theres nothing he can alt+tab away...

Is that even possible?

tweak\'e
10-01-2004, 05:48 PM
opera has auto page refresh which you can set the time between refreshes.

csinclair83
10-01-2004, 05:55 PM
ahh i should have said hes not allowed to install anything....hes not adminstrator as its company computer, but he can access the settings in IE etc but if its installing or removing anything its not possible :-(

eef2
11-01-2004, 12:55 PM
I don't know. But try searching for an answer here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2fdirectory%2ffaqs.asp

Mike
11-01-2004, 12:59 PM
I'd be surprised if the websites allow refreshes to take place. I'm guessing they will be secure connections - Secure connections often will not allow for pages to be refreshed without logging in again.

Mike.

Bestie
15-01-2004, 10:49 PM
I use clear web mail a lot for upto 5 hours at a time and this auto refreshes - may have to log on once or twice. This is over a well protected network that has web marshall and stops any form of down load or streaming.
I have just started using orcon web mail too at the same time but it doesn't seem to refresh at all even when you click refresh, have to close browser and log in again.

I would like to make PF1 auto refresh but haven't been able to.