PDA

View Full Version : Spybot update prob

beetle
10-01-2004, 03:24 PM
i have tried 3-4 times in last 20 mins to do a update for Spybot, but keeps freezing, i do a check for updates, it says it has some so i hit download and it sits there for a while, then nothing, the egg timer is on but nothing is happening.... so i left it and was just reading some thing else, while waiting and come back to this and its still doing nothing....?
so i hit close, as im not patient...:D
and it goes into end now etc cancel lose info box....you know the one.

so i thought maybe its something else, i ran adaware and nothing unusual popped up,
will run AVG in a moment but not expecting to find anything as i run it daily...and its up to date as well.
and Zonealarm has not screamed at me, so that has to be good ????

may be operator trouble, or the moon or something, or a server is down? or something? how can i tell if the site is down? (spybot site / downloads i mean)
just when i am buzzing along nicely on the comp something else comes along and stuffs me up again. :D
ho hum,

beetle

beetle
10-01-2004, 03:35 PM
ok i have managed to change mirrors and am in process of doing update, ?????

and will run a recheck for probs after this..

but am finding the machine is becoming slow on this so may be the net is very conjested today, and i aam just having probs due to this...
am leaving machine till all clear and finished these things are completed.

sorry people. just didnt try hard enough before asking for help again.

beetle

skinner
10-01-2004, 03:48 PM
I've had the same problem for the last couple
of weeks. Changing to another mirror site (usually
the Australian site) seems to fix it.

Skinner

beetle
10-01-2004, 03:52 PM
oh thank you for letting me know, was beginning to think its me being paranoid or something or just another string of things to go wrong on my puter.
as long as it is in english i dont care what mirror it is, but i did change to the Australian mirror,

much appreciate your reply.

beetle

whiskeytangofoxtrot
10-01-2004, 07:35 PM
Agreed - experienced the same problem - often easier to go to www.safer-networking.org and just download the includes installer manually.