PDA

View Full Version : Applications for capturing, trimming, and mixing sound

robo
09-01-2004, 01:31 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions? I would like to have a play with grabbing certain sounds off soundtracks in things with other things in the background. Also want to play with sounds and layer them together.

Don't need anything too serious but something free would be a good start (why doesn't anyone ever want to pay for these things?).

robo.

Graham L
09-01-2004, 01:46 PM
sox might do some or all of that. It meets the major criterion, it's free. ;-) "sox windows" to google will give you a download link.

ilikelinux
09-01-2004, 01:51 PM
simple

sonic foundry : sound forge

aroc
09-01-2004, 03:33 PM
Cool edit pro can do it. Aint free though, but with anything that people are stupid enough to put on the web, it can be made free...

ilikelinux
09-01-2004, 03:39 PM
snonic foundry : sound forge aint free either, but it worth while getting though, there is a demo of it as wel..

drcspy
09-01-2004, 04:56 PM
cooledit96 is free but limited .....in that while you have complete usage of all program features you can only use two at the same time...........

do a websearch for it its an amazing prog

Chilling_Silently
09-01-2004, 07:55 PM
I can recommend Goldwave, and Multiquence for track mixing.

Both are available from Goldwave.com, and while they are only shareware, there is no time limit, nor is there anything crippled about the shareware version.

I know that LifeFM have used this a bit....

If you have some $$ to spend on an app, then I know that both LifeFM and Radio Rhema use Cool Edit Pro for a lot of things ;-)

Check out Goldwave, theres a few nice improvements in version 5.xyz :-)

Cheers

Chill.

metla
09-01-2004, 08:26 PM
Well seeing as these are covered by copyright then i would hope you have the required permission before taking such action.

somebody
09-01-2004, 08:27 PM
The demo version of Cool Edit Pro (now Adobe Audition 1.0 after Adobe bought out syntrillium's software wing) works for 21 days unlimited, and has lots of good functions.

cyberchuck
09-01-2004, 08:43 PM
Better start off by saying it's Agent here.

I liked to use TotalRecorder to record sounds.

I remember it was mentioned as the kind of application which DRM and TCPA would outlaw because you could use it to record the playback of an MP3 streamed legitmately over the internet and create illegitmate copies.