PDA

View Full Version : urgent

nirbhayn
09-01-2004, 12:40 PM
hi
I created 4 drives, and formated them as Ntfs, the reason i did this was because i wanted to setup 98 and windows xp. i successfuly installed xp pro but couldnt install 98 becasue it needed fat32 partition which didnt have and while installing it looks for c: drive so i couldnt install.
iam wondering how i can convert the c: drive to fat32 which is ntfs right now.
i tryed this by going to explorer and right clicked on c drive then format drive and the choosing the file system to fat32 but at the end it goes windows was unable to complete the format.
help plze.

Megaman
09-01-2004, 01:53 PM
you do realise that you already posted this topic?

this post will probably be locked

robo
09-01-2004, 02:15 PM
No, but I would humbly suggest that a subject: urgent is sod all use. Something like - "Convert NTFS back to FAT32 - urgent" would elicit a more useful response. You just get ignored or annoy people with a subject like "urgent" or "help" or "bugger" or "my trousers are on fire". Huge numbers of exclamation marks or caps don't help much either.
robo.
PS Everyone knows Win98 can't handle NTFS and I would never make a C partition NTFS anyway because it is hard to get to if NT is down. But that's just my opinion of good technique and people don't learn if they don't shoot themselves in the foot now and again.

Graham L
09-01-2004, 02:22 PM
The wonderful thing about computers is that they will always give you enough rope to shoot yourself in the foot.

Billy T
09-01-2004, 03:52 PM
Jeez Graham, that's a bloody dangerous computer rope you have there.

My computer only gives me enough rope to hang myself, which is a lot less messy of course, and much slower, giving me more time to reconsider my actions before it is too late.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :D
Regrets, I've had a few, but then again,
too few to mention!