PDA

View Full Version : Scanner

27-04-2000, 01:51 PM
I have a microtek Scanmaker V310. It used to work perfectly. I then had a major crash and had to format and re-install win 98. Since then everything else works except the scanner. I first tried re-installing it using the disk that came with the scanner. No luck. I then went to Microteks site and downloaded the recent version of scanmaker and tried that. Everything as far as the scanner testing phase appears to be OK.But when it comes to using the 'acquire' command in a grafix program, I get the 'no scanner available' dialog box.
I am running win.98 on a 266 PII. The scanner is an EPP type and worked perfectly. I ca'nt understand what I am doing wrong. If anyone could give a me step by step tip, I would be grateful
Thanks
Ivan

Phil1
25-08-2002, 11:56 AM
Ivan,

Did you ever get your mcrotek v310 working? I have the same problem, after reinstalling my system (win 95).

Regards
Phillip

vk_dre
25-08-2002, 12:58 PM
sorry to burst ur bubble, but why did u reply to a post from two years ago? ?:| try going to google (http://www.google.co.nz) and search for "Microtek v130".

cheers,
v.K--------------- :D

Graham L
25-08-2002, 03:57 PM
Welcome to PressF1, Phil. (You could have used the Start New Topic button at the top, but you sensibly checked with the search function, so ignore grumpy vk_dre )

I see that there appear to be two types of V310: a parallel port model, and a SCSI one. Which have you got?

If it's the parallel, check that the BIOS is set for the appropriate mode . I imagine that the original software would work with W95, but google shows a few driver sources ... There are often problems when running a scanner and a printer on the same port.

If SCSI, you need a driver for the SCSI interface. I assume that would have come with the original driver software. (I have an E3 which uses SCSI, but I have it on a "proper" SCSI interface which has a BIOS esxtension ROM, and Linux handles the rest).

vk_dre
25-08-2002, 04:03 PM
i apologise, but i wasn't being grump, it's not very inteliigent to dig up an old post. oh well ,

cheers,
v.K---------------- :D