PDA

View Full Version : WFTWE #82....Rangiferine....I'm stuck for just the right word this week....

Billy T
26-12-2003, 05:25 PM
Rangiferine

Relating to or like reindeer; belonging to animal genus containing reindeer.

I wanted to strike a festive note, but unfortunately for me Christmas has not inspired a huge number of unusual words. :( So, as needs must, this week's effort is festive by association.

My thanks go to Susan for standing in for me for the last two weeks, two very unusual and interesting words there Sis :x, I knew I could rely on you, and you should certainly not be verecund about your most excellent work, and congratulations on passing 4000 posts! Only 64 more (at time of posting) to hit 4096, the true 4Kp.

Cheers

Billy *<8-{) :D
Verecund - bashful; modest

Susan B
27-12-2003, 10:02 AM
Hmm, almost sounds like a Maori word. :D

Glad to see you back safe and sound from your break, Billy. No problem with helping to keep the WFTWE tradition going, but boy, I don't exactly envy you your task each week. It's darn hard work and I was rather glad to hand the reins back again. :D

Billy T
27-12-2003, 02:41 PM
Yours was a hard act to follow too Susan! Being reduced to reindeer was a bit of a come-down after your splendiferous efforts.

I think I need another holiday :D

Cheers

Billy *<8-{)

beetle
27-12-2003, 02:48 PM
sounds like it should be some small wooly creature not a reindeer, ?:|

Congrads Billy T your replacement for a couple of weeks did extremely well, and caught most of us off guard word wise......

and as the christmas glow has started to leave inspiration is hard to find for anything let alone amazing words.
but you still have a word or two up your sleeve it seems.

also well done Susan B, for her great words and large amount of posts,
and i if i hear you doing this again anytime soon, im on holiday ok??? :p

we did miss you though BT,

glad you are back and PF1 is returning to its normal happy helpful place of welcome again.... :D

beetle

Jim B
27-12-2003, 04:10 PM
> we did miss you though BT,

I presume you are not talking for all the forum members beetle and this is just you own personal view.

Billy T
27-12-2003, 06:47 PM
> and i if i hear you doing this again anytime soon, im
> on holiday ok??? :p

I guess that means you are not joining the queue to hold the fort during my next break away then beetle? :_|

Thanks for the kind words anyway :8}

Cheers

Billy *<8-{) :D
It's nice to be back though, I miss the good
times on PF1 when I'm away, but I'm not an
addict, honest I'm not. :|

Susan B
27-12-2003, 07:42 PM
> I presume you are not talking for all the forum members beetle and this is just you own personal view.

Beetle is speaking for herself and me, of course. We would not expect you to feel the same way, though I feel rather sad that you don't.

Jim B
27-12-2003, 10:18 PM
>
> Beetle is speaking for herself and me, of course. We
> would not expect you to feel the same way, though I
> feel rather sad that you don't.

I was just pointing out that "we" can mean anybody or everybody and beetle should say "I" in future so it is clear her views are her own and not those expressed on behalf of the forum as she cannot assume her views are the same as everyone else.

Don't jump to conclusions and make assumptions Susan I made a general statement and there is no way you can assume anything from it or if it is in fact the way I feel.

I feel the mutual adulation session here between you three would be better suited to your own personal emails.

Don't be so over-protective towards Billy T he is a big boy and I am certain he can look after himself.

I actually quite enjoy having him around as he can often add some passion, interest and stimulation to discussions which make up for the many bland and frankly boring posts.

Susan B
27-12-2003, 10:54 PM
> I was just pointing out that "we" can mean anybody or everybody and beetle should say "I" in future so it is clear her views are her own and not those expressed on behalf of the forum as she cannot assume her views are the same as everyone else.

Yes, you are quite right but don't be too hard on Beetle, she meant well.

> Don't jump to conclusions and make assumptions Susan I made a general statement and there is no way you can assume anything from it or if it is in fact the way I feel.

I did jump to conclusions and shouldn't have. Sorry.

> I feel the mutual adulation session here between you three would be better suited to your own personal emails.

We do that too. :-)

> Don't be so over-protective towards Billy T he is a big boy and I am certain he can look after himself.

> I actually quite enjoy having him around as he can often add some passion, interest and stimulation to discussions which make up for the many bland and frankly boring posts.

I am very pleased to hear that. :-)

duiexpt
01-01-2004, 10:23 AM
Billy-T I think reindeer is easier to pronounce, at least for me. LOL
Hope you and yours have a Happy New Year. New Years Eve here, 4:10PM in the great USA. God Bless and talk soon!

Cher