PDA

View Full Version : X-Box very dark

Shroeder
25-12-2003, 05:27 PM
Hi all - Here's hoping you are having a great Christmas :)

Santa was good enough to get my kids an X-Box for Christmas along with a few games.

The problem is that one of the games (Brute Force) is soooo dark on the screen that you can hardly see what is happening. (007 - Nightsomething is also darker than is comfortable).

Is this just how they are designed, or is there a way to lighten them up (Read the manuals but no assistance there!)

Once again, have a wonderful Christmas and thanks in advance for any replies.

Jen C
26-12-2003, 06:31 PM
I don't have an X-box, but for my PC games which appear very dark, I just go into Options within the game and look for the video settings. Adjust the Gamma Correction (or similar) to lighten up game. An X-box game should be similar.

Hope this helps :)

Mike
27-12-2003, 09:10 AM
Shroeder - My dad's tv has a "channel" called "Game", which has brighter settings than other normal channels. I suspect that a lot of console games are quite dark, and so if you've got a Game channel, switch to that, or just adjust the brightness of your TV. My tv has something similar, but instead of having a devoted tv channel setting, it has a picture setting (also called "Game") which adjusts the brightness etc. of the tv to suit.

HTH,
Mike.