PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Opera feature i stumbled upon.

MrBeef
25-12-2003, 11:51 AM
When you have multiple windows open in Opera, hold down right click and use your scroll wheel on ya mouse. A little window appears and you can scroll through which window you want to view.

Handy, init.

Lots of handy features opera has, like hold down one mouse button click the other, it either moves to page 2 or goes back to last viewed.

I love it

WalOne
25-12-2003, 12:55 PM
> When you have multiple windows open in Opera, hold
> down right click and use your scroll wheel on ya
> mouse. A little window appears and you can scroll
> through which window you want to view.

Cool tip! Thanks

sam m
25-12-2003, 12:58 PM
wow thanks, I used to do something similar with the number keys but could never get it right.........this is much better

Susan B
25-12-2003, 07:49 PM
Nice tip MrBeef, thanks for that. :-)

Can't get the second trick to work though - hold down one mouse button click the other, it either moves to page 2 or goes back to last viewed. Doesn't do a thing for me.

One thing I really like about Firebird and wish Opera would do is jump to the next tab on the right when closing a tab instead of jumping to the left one like Opera does.

It's a really handy option for when I want to leave a tab/window open whilst moving on to read the next pages. If I close the window/tab next to the one I want to keep open Opera will then jump back to the left tab that I have read whilst Firebird will jump to the right-hand one that I haven't read.

If anyone knows how to make Opera do this they will get a chocolate fish. :-)

MrBeef
25-12-2003, 08:12 PM
Uh, maybe you have to have Mouse functions enabled. Ill check, ar yes.

Goto preferences, then Mouse and Keyboard, uh probably clikc Enable Mouse Gesturations and left-handed back and forward gestures i think.

Also if your mouse is smart enough to have a middle click you can make it set to say open page in background which is really handy, just click on link and it loads in background.

MrBeef
25-12-2003, 08:14 PM
About the windows. Try this File -> Preferences -> Windows

then "Cycle Pages" Go through all those options maybe it might work

Susan B
25-12-2003, 08:56 PM
> About the windows. Try this File -> Preferences -> Windows
> then "Cycle Pages" Go through all those options maybe it might work

Nope, makes no difference. :-(

MrBeef
25-12-2003, 09:05 PM
oh damn then, but what about the mouse thingy did that work?

Jimmy D
26-12-2003, 12:06 PM
with the hold right click then press left click option, sometimes it depends on what the cursor is actually over, like if its over an image it might now work, or if u dont hold left click long enough. i dunno but sometimes it doesnt work for me, sometimes it does.

Susan B
26-12-2003, 05:34 PM
> oh damn then, but what about the mouse thingy did that work?

Nope. :-(

I'll browse Opera's forums one of these days and see if I can customise the settings somehow. Or put a request in for it. :-)