PDA

View Full Version : Plug ins

dumdum
21-12-2003, 10:12 AM
Could someone let me know how plug ins work please.I visited a site recently and it said I needed the plug in to view pics.I downloaded the plug in offered,yet nothing changed.I could definitely do with a bit of educating on this matter please.
XP....Firebird.
Cheers DD.

Susan B
21-12-2003, 10:54 AM
Hiya :-)

What plugin did you download? Have a look through and follow the instructions on this page (http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/faqs/phoenixwin.html). If you get stuck just ask for more help.

Jen C
22-12-2003, 05:13 PM
To see what plugins you have already installed, open up Mozilla Firebird and in the address bar where the web site URL goes, type in about: plugin. Note: remove the space I had to add after the : to stop this happening --> about:pluggin which doesn't quite convey what I was trying to type :D

This will show what plugins are already installed and what versions they are.

dumdum
22-12-2003, 08:45 PM
Thanks for that info ladies it is most appreciated.Sorry I took so long to reply back,the reason being obvious.I`ll do the leg work on it tomorrow and let you know how I got on.
Cheers
DD.

supergran
22-12-2003, 10:56 PM
I am curious about this topic too, so how do I find out what I have in my puter. 98SE and IE 5.5. TIA

Fire-and-Ice
23-12-2003, 12:08 PM
Supergran, if you're using Internet Explorer you can find out what plugins you've got installed by looking in Tools, Options, General, Settings, View Objects. The items listed in there are the plugins. ;-)

supergran
23-12-2003, 10:44 PM
Thanks, I just checked, and have seen those programs before, but didn't realise they were plugins. I just had to download a plug in for Nero, but that isnt' in there, so they obviously dont all go to the same place, or I shifted where it went to. But as it works, I am not worried about where I put it. LOL

metla
23-12-2003, 10:52 PM
um.....why on earth would you think a plug in for nero would install itself into IE?

Common sence says its in the nero plug-in folder.

supergran
24-12-2003, 07:25 PM
Metla, I didnt' have the foggiest what a plug in even did, which is why I asked the previous question, so how the heck would I know where it is supposed to go, when I dont' even know what it does!!!!!!!!!!1