PDA

View Full Version : How many use streaming Audio

mp3sound
17-12-2003, 05:33 PM
I was just wondering how many people use streaming audio on the web sites and if you do what do you use it for?

Quentin

cyberchuck
18-12-2003, 08:40 AM
I have yet to bother using streaming audio - the main reason is that our current Jetstream Plan (Home 500) practically restricts my movements to that of light webbrowsing and email.
That's changing on the 25th however, with our changing of plans.

Although I have used it several times on 56k dialup for the odd news report or something just to see what it was like and I don't feel I'm missing all that much by not using it.

Chilling_Silently
18-12-2003, 09:38 AM
> Although I have used it several times on 56k dialup

Remeber streaming music over MSN?
;-)

To be honest I find the radio gives better quality without impacting your Internet bill ;-)

Marlboro
18-12-2003, 09:41 AM
I stream the TrippleJ Radio Station (AUS) via Media Player via Woosh.

Woosh is 250k, and although the radio station streams at about 100k quality, my laptop occasionally pauses to catch up to the stream

Terry Porritt
18-12-2003, 12:40 PM
> I was just wondering how many people use streaming
> audio on the web sites and if you do what do you use
> it for?
>
> Quentin

There can be two meanings for this question, depending on whether on the web sites is a typo for on their web sites or not.

I dont have a website so I obviously dont use streaming audio that way, but I do listen to streaming audio a lot, my favourite 20s/30s music.

Archibald
18-12-2003, 01:23 PM
Only use it in the computer studios at tech. No patience to use it at home on dial-up.

Martina
18-12-2003, 09:00 PM
Yes, lots of it, esp C&W - make own MP3 from streaming sites