PDA

View Full Version : Theme annoys me !! please help !

Compwiznot
17-12-2003, 03:21 PM
hi, i have windows XP pro, 1.8 ghz , 256 mb ram (if its any relevance) , i have two accounts one is the administrator (thats mine) and the others are for my parents and sister (limited) . i downloaded style Xp which helps me to enable non microsoft themes.

THE PROBLEM: recently whenever i put a theme it goes good but sometime when i shut down the computer or log if into another user . when i sign back up into mine the theme changes to wondows classic automatically. so i have to manually go to properties> appearence and change it back to the theme i wanted it to be.

the thing is i really hate doin it manually evertime and i hate the windows classic theme. please help !

Compwiznot
17-12-2003, 03:22 PM
and also this happens with everyother theme ...not only one !

thnx in advance

ilikelinux
17-12-2003, 03:50 PM
have you disable the themes service?

if u have you will need to re enable it and set it to automatic.

BIFF
17-12-2003, 07:26 PM
I have not used style xp, but use a patched uxtheme.dll file to allow third party themes. Even this can be tricky as windows will replace it with the unpatched version at every opportunity. Perhaps windows file protection is replacing dll files changed by style xp with the original microsoft version.

Compwiznot
17-12-2003, 10:55 PM
ahh i found it ...i had to enable this option "reaply theme at start up" in the style xp options menu ......i should wait and see if it does the job ....if it doesn't i might need ya'll again

thanks all again !!