PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas Everyone :-)

csinclair83
16-12-2003, 11:01 PM
Just wanna say Merry Xmas and be nosey and wonder whats everyone got planned for this happy day :-)

me just gonna spend day with family, hope the weather is good as the last 2 xmases they were either raining or i was in hospital...

what about u guys and gals?

Elephant
16-12-2003, 11:54 PM
Merry Christmas to you too.

I'm planning on working.

Merry Christmas to ALL on PressF1 as well.

I hope all your computers keep happy as well. :-)

Neil McC
17-12-2003, 08:45 AM
And a happy Christmas to you too,Chris,and all the F1ers and their families.
Will be on call,because if I'm home, I'm on call! But spending time with family from here and England. (Well,I can always curl up somewhere with a pc mag).

;-)

hazza
17-12-2003, 09:27 AM
Merry christmas everyone...

Ill just be staying home, eating food and playing with my presents...

sandyb
17-12-2003, 09:42 AM
Merry Xmas to everyone.

We allways bring a plate of food each and the whole family spends it at the beach for lunch. No washable dishes is our moto.
kids love it, get to swim run around and be as noisy as they like.
Even my inlaws join in now, and we just have a barbeque for dinner.
if it rains we go to nanas shed.

beetle
17-12-2003, 10:30 AM
Merry Christmas all.

we will be working, near on a full house, and lots on locally at this time of year, (Cemetry Circuit Motorbikes ring a bell???) ?:|

and a sports tournament in town next day as well....

but when we have done the work, swiming and bbq tea for dinner or lunch ? maybe both. and snacks in between???? :)

our emphasis has always been on family, not so much the presents.
we have regularly had friends in for lunch or dinner, and relax when possible.

hope every one has a safe and peaceful, quiet christmas, and you arrive at your destinations in one peice.

God bless, :)

safe and happy holidays every one.

beetle

metla
17-12-2003, 10:38 AM
And a merry christmas one and all from Me,Mrs Metla and the mini-Metla on the way.....

ilikelinux
17-12-2003, 10:42 AM
Merry Christmas everyone and i wounder if linux celebrates christmas too, i might just have to go out and buy a new fan for it's present..... bumma now it knows....

;-);-);-)

Megaman
17-12-2003, 11:18 AM
merry xmas

we here r goin on a day trip 2 akaroa and hamner

i plan 2 work in my webpage, http://www.geocities.com/teddy_flora2003

its empty though.....

at least linux will keep me entertained

;)

merry xmas and new year all

megaman

hazza
17-12-2003, 12:42 PM
so anybody know what their getting...?

ilikelinux
17-12-2003, 12:57 PM
yep,

Queen greatest hits 1, 2, 3
and hopefully some thumb screws fro my case of my pc
and hopefully a fan for my heater of a machine.

csinclair83
17-12-2003, 03:52 PM
all i know is i getting the stacey jones for ps2 and a sodastream machine :D

am hoping rellys give gift vouchers as i am in need for some new pants but i am happy whatever they give me as long its not a woollen jersey

i wonder if neone here is getting something that is completely unrelated to computers, and yes i mean, no tshirts that have computers on it or computer games, or books or fans or screws for computers....

hazza
17-12-2003, 07:33 PM
I think im getting band of brothers box set dvd, jackass dvd boxset, and rage against the machine last ever live show on dvd, but i think thats all im getting that isnt related to computers...

fergie
17-12-2003, 10:11 PM
is plain cash unrelated to computers?

Cos no one ever no wot to get me - so i end up with heaps of $$.

But thinking about it - it all gets spent on computers....

csinclair83
17-12-2003, 10:20 PM
yeah it seems like money is the way to go these days or vouchers...as theres more choices on the market and people live far apart and postage prices are high if u send boxes etc..

Baldy
17-12-2003, 10:27 PM
> all i know is i getting the stacey jones for ps2 and
> a sodastream machine :D
>
> am hoping rellys give gift vouchers as i am in need
> for some new pants but i am happy whatever they give
> me as long its not a woollen jersey
>

Whats wrong with a woolen jersey. Better than a stupid Stacey Jones game

Baldy
17-12-2003, 10:28 PM
What are you all going to eat on Xmas day?

Baldy
17-12-2003, 10:33 PM
I am hoping to get a sexy woman from the Netherlands ;-)

hazza
17-12-2003, 10:40 PM
im gonna eat christmas ham...or whatever my mum makes
i think most of us are hoping for that baldy...B-)B-):8}

Pollly
18-12-2003, 03:55 AM
> I am hoping to get a sexy woman from the Netherlands
> ;-)

Patience Big Boy... :x ;)

yingxuan
18-12-2003, 04:28 AM
Yeah merry xmas to everyone also.Im staying home and being with my auntie.and i don't really like her.:(.!!

ilikelinux
19-12-2003, 12:10 PM
Look at this site, linux people might find the post, funny

http://ilikelinux.no-ip.info/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10

Ilikelinux

Graham Petrie
19-12-2003, 12:43 PM
Cheers CS.

I will be on the boat in a quiet bay with the family. Boarding xmas eve, returning ??? hopefully not before new years.

Eating - bacon and eggs for breaky then hopefully fresh seafood for lunch!

Drinking - yes, lots :)....... :8}....... :D...... :^O....... ?:|........ zzzzzzzzz

G P

write-click
19-12-2003, 02:38 PM
Gosh, only six more sleeps to go until we can raid the goodies under the tree! What are we doing for the holidays? First Christmas in our new rural home so we're staying here and enjoying the peace and quiet. Ham and all the fresh salads for lunch, plus a pavlova of course! This year I am NOT going to Wanganui to photograph the bike racing for Kiwi Rider, so I can actually have a few drinks and relax on Christmas Day. I may just ride up and take in the racing on Boxing Day but I'll be able to sit in the shade and actually SEE some of the racing instead of having a camera glued to my face the whole day!

As for presents, we got some goodies from my Mum last night as we won't be seeing her on the day - nothing computer-related though - jewellery, wine, coffee mugs, vouchers, etc. I have no idea what my partner has bought me - last year it was a top box for my motorcycle, this year I only know that one present is a book, but I don't know the title. He usually puts notes in big boxes, telling me to look in the garage or wardrobe - so size and shape is not always an indication of the contents!

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Christmas and New Year and is here to give and receive advice in 2004.

agent
19-12-2003, 03:13 PM
> ...instead of having a camera glued to my face the whole day!

You could always glue it to your forehead and set an automatic timer so it goes off every five minutes (best effect gotten if you use one of those really old flashes that make a big wumph-like sound when they go off) :D

Megaman
19-12-2003, 05:12 PM
the cheapest thing to give for x-mas...

Advice!
:D

ilikelinux
19-12-2003, 06:28 PM
> the cheapest thing to give for x-mas...

no, that costs to much...

Iris
20-12-2003, 08:49 AM
Merry Christmas to everyone.

I'd like to say a very big "thank you" to Bruce and the Team for keeping the forum ticking over.

I know you've had the odd moment (usually at the weekend) when we suddenly can't access the forum properly and promptly go into withdrawal. But you get us back on line and keep us in line.

Thanks to those of you who give so much help to those of us with what sometimes seem to be insurmountable problems. Somehow you always seem to be able to come up with the answers.

I know I don't post very often but always check in daily to see what is new and have learned a lot just by reading the questions and the answers.

To those of you who are travelling may you have a safe journey.

Hope everyone has a great time with their families and friends and comes back recharged and ready for more questions and lots of humour

Best wishes

Iris

stu140103
23-12-2003, 12:06 AM
I also would like to say to evary one:

Have a Merry Christmas & I hope you all have a Happy New Year! as well :)

hazza
23-12-2003, 12:16 AM
yeah merry christmas everyone.

TonyF
23-12-2003, 08:16 AM
> yeah merry christmas everyone.
>
>
Including those nice folks at Redmond ????????

olldaddy76
23-12-2003, 08:34 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS to all BUT believe it a HEALTHY & HAPPY NEW YEAR as well is TOP of THE CHART.......Special thanks to those contributions whixh helped compared with idle nonsense jusr to fill a post but in a democracy there is room for all so GO WELL ...... GO IN PEACE,,,

gerrypics
23-12-2003, 09:00 AM
Merry Christmas & Thanks to a great team.

dumdum
23-12-2003, 09:20 AM
Merry Xmas to PF1 members,and thanks for all the help I have received,may you all have a pleasant time over the xmas period.
Cheers Dum Dum

WalOne
23-12-2003, 05:00 PM
Merry Christmas everyone, and all the bestest for the New Year.

Ciao!! :x

exLL
23-12-2003, 09:08 PM
For our friends and family, we use the Christmas period;
for giving and for getting. :) :)

For those of whom we are less fond, the world will be a nicer place if we also use the Christmas period;
forgiving and forgetting. :) :)

Best wishes to all at Press F1. What a great bunch of people.

In November, there was one short post which I really enjoyed. I am sure that most Press F1'ers feel the same as what Chemical Ali said in this posting: Click Here (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=41161&message=213829&q=#213829)

Cheers :)

csinclair83
24-12-2003, 08:55 AM
Christmas Eve in rotorua aint good :-( pouring, wet, and i have to do some last minute shopping riding my bike :( nearest atm is next to the supermarket and thats where i going, so bus aint a option...
it better clear up for 2morrow arrgh

what about everywhere else? is it another beautiful day in paradise...

Ladybug
24-12-2003, 10:47 AM
Hmmm Merry Chirstmas all.

Taranaki is well um was wet but now has blue sky - windy too with a little chill.

Oh well the day will be great whatever the weather!!!!!!!

Have a good one all.

:) Bug

Billy T
24-12-2003, 08:28 PM
Merry Christmas everybody.

May you get as good as you give, and may gentle good humour and tolerance surround you and yours wherever you may be on Christmas Day.

It is my sincere hope that happiness, peace and tolerance surround you all throughout the coming year.

Cheers

Billy *<8{) Mrs T *<8-)

And the little T's *<:-) *<:-)

Laura
24-12-2003, 11:44 PM
As I pack to leave the city for the paddocks, I thank those who helped me learn & those who made me chuckle..
A safe & Happy Christmas to you all.

Chilling_Silently
25-12-2003, 12:13 AM
> windy too with a little chill.

Hey.. Im not that short... 175-ish cm actually...

;-)