PDA

View Full Version : OT: 10 Reasons

Megaman
16-12-2003, 09:45 PM
Here are 10 reasons why apple and microsoft both have bad points

Bad apple

software. sure when u buy an apple it comes with software but there is very little software so u r kinda stuck with it

snobbiness. they keep going on at microsoft and the non-existent "blue screen of death" (in windows XP i mean)

hardware. if a piece of hardware can go on a mac, it will, but there is very little hardware in comparison to microsoft

floppy disk. there is a lack of floppy disk. i no this is pathetic and you can buy an external one but what about all those retro games you will find in the garage?

mouse. the mouse LOOKS cool, but ummm... where's the scroll? and a second button would be nice. at least its optical. you could plug in a microsoft mouce 2 button scroll, but you'd be a traitor...

Microsoft bad

Viruses. everyone knows about the viruses. all u can do is install an anti-virus and hope like heck

palladium. i'm not wierd. i really dont want microsoft to see whatever i do on my computer.

software. there is a lot of programs, which means you can easily get the only version that throws a tizzy fit on your computer

minimum reqirements. it says 128 mb ram on the box for windows xp but really needs 256. what next? 1gb of ram?

incompadibility. ever tryed to run pac-man original in windows xp? dont.

stu140103
16-12-2003, 09:56 PM
> floppy disk. there is a lack of floppy disk. i no
> this is pathetic and you can buy an external one but
> what about all those retro games you will find in the
> garage?

I donít know about the newer mac's but I know the older ones have floppy disk drives.

Baldy
17-12-2003, 12:14 AM
Crikey

Baldy
17-12-2003, 12:20 AM
> incompadibility. ever tryed to run pac-man original
> in windows xp? dont.

incompadibility: ever tried to look that word up in a dictionary? don't - you won't find it

Chilling_Silently
17-12-2003, 02:22 AM
> incompadibility: ever tried to look that word up in a
> dictionary? don't - you won't find it

Apparently they are removing Gullible from the Collins dictionary soon..... ;-)

Megaman
17-12-2003, 10:59 AM
I wad tired and hadn't had enough sugar. fine it's offically changed to "incompadible software"

;)

p.s i'm not dumb chilling...

Megaman
17-12-2003, 11:01 AM
yes... i have realised that, but try running mac osx 10.3 on them

;)

Susan B
17-12-2003, 11:21 AM
> I wad tired and hadn't had enough sugar. fine it's
> offically changed to "incompadible software"

LMAO!! :D

"incompadible" won't be in the dictionary either. Try incompatible. ;-)

> p.s i'm not dumb chilling...

*cough* :p

OK then, if it is any consolation some of our top geeks here do have rather creative spelling but that is no excuse to not try and brush up yours. ;-)

Megaman
17-12-2003, 01:59 PM
> "incompadible" won't be in the dictionary either. Try
> incompatible. ;-)

looks like someone can't handle a simple spelling mistake
>
>
> > p.s i'm not dumb chilling...
>
> *cough* :p
>
how did i know someone would try to do this

> OK then, if it is any consolation some of our top
> geeks here do have rather creative spelling but that
> is no excuse to not try and brush up yours. ;-)

try brushing up on your manners X-(

Graham L
17-12-2003, 02:19 PM
Again. :_| Please, megaman, don't start "which OS is better" threads here. They always start flames. Personal abuse seems to be infectious It's much better if it doesn't start.

There are newsgroups which exist for the purpose of "advocacy". There are newsgroups which exist for flaming, which sometimes seem to be the same ones.

Megaman
17-12-2003, 02:25 PM
Fine... everyone go against me... see if i care

This was actually not designed to be a which-os-is-better thread, it's just for people to realise that all OSs have their flaws. i personally dont care which i use (mac, linux or windows) because they all have strenghs as well as weaknesses.

sorry if this caused any confusion

megaman

cyberchuck
18-12-2003, 08:44 AM
All operating systems have flaws - that is true and something I firmly believe in.
However, next time you try and point out something which most people know with something like this try defining it a bit more and posing a question instead of making a statement which leads to stuff like this.

Just a question - why wasn't Linux included with your 10 reasons. ?:|

Dolby Digital
18-12-2003, 09:41 AM
>>Just a question - why wasn't Linux included with your 10 reasons.
Cos it is the perfect OS.... 30 years of evolution (or is it 40 now) :D

Megaman
18-12-2003, 02:30 PM
firstly i didn't have enough time...

also it would be very hard as linux is in 100s of different distros. what might be wrong in redhat might be fixed in mandrake. also the only version iv used is knoppix and i haven't used it enough to find 5 flaws

ilikelinux
22-12-2003, 01:18 PM
> Again. Please, megaman, don't start "which OS is better" threads here. They always start >flames. Personal abuse seems to be infectious It's much better if it doesn't start.
>
>There are newsgroups which exist for the purpose of "advocacy". There are newsgroups >which exist for flaming, which sometimes seem to be the same ones.

I have been there done that and it wasn't very nice was it?