PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous emailer

DMcKenzie
16-12-2003, 04:26 PM
A while ago there was a site that let you surf on it and hide your IP etc. It was similair to www.guardster.com but it let you send anonymous emails, ie ones that they couldn't discover the source of the email.

Anyone know what it was???

Graham L
16-12-2003, 04:37 PM
Probably this site (http://www.cia.gov/) would do. They probably ran/run any sites like the one you are thinking of.

DMcKenzie
18-12-2003, 01:03 AM
Oh gee your really helpful. :p

It was something like active, protector, arggh i can't remember - help?

Big John
18-12-2003, 01:27 AM
Why, Want to send SPAM so no one can send you heaps of replies back and flood your mailbox full?
You will find that you may strike the new US law if you go that way.

peter.jonsson
18-12-2003, 04:48 AM
Just use a anonymous proxy, anonymizer.com or such. Either way, you can always be traced back...

DMcKenzie
18-12-2003, 03:22 PM
> Why, Want to send SPAM so no one can send you heaps of replies back and flood your mailbox full?
> You will find that you may strike the new US law if you go that way.

No you retard. Mind your own business.

Thanks Peter, I think that was what I was looking for.

Big John
18-12-2003, 08:47 PM
> > Why, Want to send SPAM so no one can send you heaps
> of replies back and flood your mailbox full?
> > You will find that you may strike the new US law if
> you go that way.
>
> No you retard. Mind your own business.

I resent that. You asked therefore it was my business. You made it so by asking.

So back the truck up you mental deficient that you could not even search out the information for yourself.

Laura
18-12-2003, 10:36 PM
Simmer down, guys & remember The Rules.

DMcKenzie - Asking WHY you wanted to know how to send anonymous emails was a perfectly valid question - one that I wondered myself.

And after 2 days without a technical reply (unusual in this forum) surely you must have realised that nobody was keen to address this subject seriously.

After all, you have hidden your forum details more than most & you are not a long-term poster. I suspect many people on Press F1 would wonder WHY. Big John is the one who asked the question.

(And for those who didn't follow up the link in the first answer, it's a beaut)

Mike
18-12-2003, 10:54 PM
Try here or here.

Mike.

Laura
18-12-2003, 11:19 PM
Nice one(s). Mike.
Let's call it "diffusion."

And when I said Graham L's link was " a beaut." I wasn't actually endorsing the website (Haven't met these blokes - as far as I know), merely the wonderfully apt reply to the question posed.

Laura
18-12-2003, 11:22 PM
P.S. On second thoughts, maybe I should've read it?
On 3rd thoughts, maybe we should all read it?

But who wants that at Xmas?
No, let's forget it..