PDA

View Full Version : verifying DMI pool data......... update success then thats it.

ffudboy
16-12-2003, 10:37 AM
The PC freezes after that message. It wont boot from floppy, it picks up the floppy and hdd. I have cleared the CMOS tried a few other things but no luck. Not sure if the Motherboard is the prob help would be great..

the motherboard is a TI5GV+

Kame
16-12-2003, 11:02 AM
Why did you clear the CMOS?

Do you have an OS installed on the hard drive. Check what boot order the BIOS is set to do, it looks like it's not set to boot the floppy before Hard Drive. Change your Hard Drive parameters, try LBA mode first, then Large then Normal. One of those should be right, if not then the geometry is different to what is specified in those settings. You'll have to change order of booting to allow Floppy, CDROM, and you'll have to partition the drive, or make sure it's an active boot drive.

ugh1
16-12-2003, 03:19 PM
Have you checked the CMOS battery?

Jen C
16-12-2003, 06:11 PM
There is a great checklist of things to work through at this site: Computer stops at verifying dmi pool data... (http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000474.htm).

I had the same problem once, except I didn't get the "update success" message, and for me running fdisk /mbr fixed it.

Real PITA these sorts of errors as it can be one of many things.

Good luck :)