PDA

View Full Version : Plagued by a pop up

jimjam
15-12-2003, 10:22 PM
Strangely enough this has only started appearing since I installed Avant Browser, I have the block pop ups box enabled, anyway up pops this box headed Microsoft Internet Explorer with the message "Sorry, for your security we have timed out this page. Please press OK to refresh the Login Page." Anybody know how to disable this annoyance ?, am running XP and IE6, thanks.

Susan B
16-12-2003, 12:42 PM
There have not been very many people here that use Avant for a browser which may be why you have had no replies yet.

At a guess it sounds like the "pop ups" are notifications that Avant has blocked access to webpages for security so you could try looking through all the options to see if you can turn off such warnings.

jimjam
16-12-2003, 09:53 PM
Oddly enough since the original post the pop up (touch wood) hasn't occurred, incidentally, and here I'll put in a free plug for Avant, it is an excellent Freeware add-on for Internet Explorer with built in security features and pop up suppressor snd is very fast and stable on my system, well worth reading users opinions at www.webattack.com

Jen C
16-12-2003, 10:07 PM
Were you getting these messages at a particular website? For security reasons, some sites have timed sessions after which you have to relogin again after a period of inactivity.

Jim B
16-12-2003, 10:20 PM
Avant is a seperate web browser not an IE add on, It will pick up the settings you use in IE but you are not using IE if you are running Avant.