PDA

View Full Version : cant maintain internet connection

hazza
15-12-2003, 01:19 AM
Hello this has just started happening,(about a month now), yeah anyways almost everytime i connect to the internet, a few minutes later it will automaticlly disconnect, then i connect again and i have no problems, and when i do overnight downloads, like tonight ive been trying to download desert combat 0.5 and it has dissconnected about 3 times.My mum says it is cause we are behind in paying the internet bill.

Ihug.
56k modem.
Modem type:HSP56 micromodem.

yingxuan
15-12-2003, 07:04 AM
I don't think i hug would disconnect u if your a little bit behind on bills.
Could it be a spyware thats disconnecting your modem?hmm try running ad aware.
Try calling your isp and ask them what the problem could be!!

yingxuan
15-12-2003, 07:05 AM
I really don't like IHug.Many of my friends says they get disconnected.Im on paradise.and i really love it!

whetu
15-12-2003, 07:24 AM
have you tried emailing ihug and asking them what's going on? unlike many ISP's, ihug do have fairly competent support processes and personel

albatross
15-12-2003, 08:15 AM
You should listen to your mum..

FrankS
15-12-2003, 11:23 AM
Have same erratic problem with Xtra when downloading mail via Mailwasher. Xtra may disconnect you every 20 minutes if it thinks the line is not being used (although you are downloading) but it does give you a sound and visual warning if you want to stay connected. Have a talk with Ihug support.

metla
15-12-2003, 11:27 AM
Ihug are a terrible isp,When im working on someones pc i tend to set up a connection with my details and have found in every case so far that the connection to my isp is far superior then the existing one if they are using Ihug.

hazza
15-12-2003, 12:51 PM
So if i change isp will i notice any speed differnce?

hzz

metla
15-12-2003, 02:14 PM
Cant garentee it,its just something i noticed.

yingxuan
15-12-2003, 02:27 PM
Im using paradise.I never get disconnected.!!

pjg54
15-12-2003, 02:33 PM
you should also ring telecom and get them to run a line check. I had a similar problem at the start of the year when I moved into a new house and my connection was falling off. Telecom checked it and said it was fine but it continued again and I got them to check again. they said it was fine again but send a man to have a look at my connections. Apparrently my phone points were the older style which had an extra wire for the ring which he removed and I haven't had any prolems since.