PDA

View Full Version : Very Off Topic - Saddam caught?

Archibald
14-12-2003, 11:20 PM
Of course this is unofficial at this stage. May change a few things in the great desert now that this bad boy may be in custody. :)

hazza
14-12-2003, 11:23 PM
hmmm...

robsonde
14-12-2003, 11:36 PM
from "Sky news live"
"DNA tests confirm it was saddam"

from "CNN live"
.............a few hours ago we have tested with DNA that we have saddam........

looks like they have the scum ball.

albatross
14-12-2003, 11:37 PM
Well it seems that he has been arrested.....I`m very interested to know what he`s been arrested for......something to ponder over I suppose.

Chilling_Silently
14-12-2003, 11:38 PM
Do we have a URL?

Now what do they do with him...?

robsonde
14-12-2003, 11:40 PM
www.cnn.com

Jester
14-12-2003, 11:40 PM
> Do we have a URL?

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/12/14/sprj.irq.main/index.html

Jester
14-12-2003, 11:41 PM
snap

robsonde
14-12-2003, 11:43 PM
or on TV?

Live on TV1 with BBC world.

Archibald
14-12-2003, 11:44 PM
So who's taking the credit for his capture? Surely not the Americans, as he would be dead from the over-kill of rifle fire and rockets.

As they do!

Chilling_Silently
14-12-2003, 11:46 PM
And found some more here:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,105706,00.html
http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/news/121403_AP_r2_saddam_capture.html
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2003-12/14/content_1230207.htm
http://www.startribune.com/stories/1762/4266908.html.
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_846949.html
http://ww1.mid-day.com/news/world/2003/december/71351.htm

All thanks to Google news... :D

hazza
14-12-2003, 11:54 PM
hmm wond3r what their gonna do with him?...

metla
14-12-2003, 11:57 PM
Hes being handed over to be tried in an Iraq tribal court.

And i presume by handed over they mean guarded by 100 american soldiers,and tried in an iraq court run by american military.

Personally i think he should just be covered in honey and staked out in the desert.....

Archibald
14-12-2003, 11:59 PM
> hmm wond3r what their gonna do with him?...

Slap him with some speeding fines, parking fines, not sharing his oil with the Americans and crimes against humanity for starters. :D

Chilling_Silently
15-12-2003, 12:00 AM
> Personally i think he should just be covered in honey
> and staked out in the desert.....

What type of Honey...?

;\

hazza
15-12-2003, 12:00 AM
> Personally i think he should just be covered in honey and staked out in the desert.....

nahh waste of honey.

Archibald
15-12-2003, 12:05 AM
> Personally i think he should just be covered in honey
> and staked out in the desert.....

What so he can work on his sun tan or to be licked to death by 40 camels. :p (or bees) :)

Chemical Ali
15-12-2003, 12:10 AM
Another comrade of the People's Goverment of Free Iraq has fallen

Praise be Allah!!

Yours Faithfully (and about to move safe house)

C Ali

Laura
15-12-2003, 12:17 AM
But weren't you located some time ago?

I thought you'd changed sides then....

DangerousDave
15-12-2003, 01:05 AM
its been confirmed!, i've just watched the whole live release and it was pretty interesting abit crappy camera work ;). Oh well, it seems it's already been mediafied so by tommorow it'll be looking perfect...

- David

John Grieve
15-12-2003, 06:40 AM
This is great as finally the americans have somebody who definately knows where all those pesky WMD are. So we should be seeing tons of discovered WMD in the next few weeks as Saddam spills his guts. And once the court case starts we will get the real story of who supplied who with what WMD. Should be a very interesting case.

agent
15-12-2003, 07:19 AM
What's the bet they'll give him the so-called "truth" drug to make him talk?

somebody
15-12-2003, 07:47 AM
according to the radio he's "cooperating and talking". Maybe America might start using some of Saddam's own torture techniques to extract information out of him.

Just another question - how do we know that this is really Saddam Hussein? What if it's just one of the lookalikes, and the DNA tests are fake? America trying to save face? I don't know, but it could be possible especially after the Private Lynch story...

csinclair83
15-12-2003, 09:34 AM
i cant beleive everyones falling for this...
i personally belive its one perfectly organised hoax....so that the army can get out of iraq early...

the only time i will beleive this is when "saddam" is shown live on tv without any cuts or anything....

and i bet that they would probably "suddenly" find osama bin laden in the next few weeks or sooner or later but yeah...

and yeah somebody...there was a mention of it(that they got one of his "doubles") but apparently they matched the DNA to him with his brothers and some others, and there are more tests ongoing...but to actually prove it they should get someone from france or one of the war oppositions to test it and yeah...

also they got him without a shot fired...thats abit "strange" as if that was true, doesnt he have all these "loyalists"....

i apologise if my guess is wrong...but theres no harm in these assumtions considering the nature of technology these days etc...

anyway, if this is true, the human rights people are gonna have a feast if the USA torture him, as they are still under the Human Rights during the whole interveiwing/court process....

TonyF
15-12-2003, 10:40 AM
>

> also they got him without a shot fired...thats abit
> "strange" as if that was true, doesnt he have all
> these "loyalists"....

Do have a look at www.debka.com/article.php?aid=743

Loyalists ? Money talks ...

csinclair83
15-12-2003, 01:32 PM
hmmmm theres quite a few stories around..
mainly am surprised that this "hole" was just over the bridge of his palaces...

kinda shows that the army doesnt look properly....oh well

i just hope now since if hes the real saddam that justice is done, just justice not revenge...

Graham L
15-12-2003, 02:38 PM
Since most of the tame dictators the US have tried to "encourage" to form a US "democracy" are wanted by other Arab countries (to put into jail), they'll probably put Saddam back into power. After all, all they've ever wanted is a "guy with a moustache to maintain order".

csinclair83
15-12-2003, 02:43 PM
i wonder what the father is thinking since his son actually got saddam when his father couldnt....

i'd put it down to better intellegence and father gave son good advice...

if they put him back into power then what was the point of the whole war?
was it just to show the strength or nonstrength of the united states army and coalation forces?

Baldy
15-12-2003, 04:48 PM
HOORAY!!!!!!!!!

There will defineately be World Peace now that Saddam is captured. According to the doctrine of the USofA - Wonder where the Yanks will stick there fat gobs into now

somebody
16-12-2003, 08:03 AM
Well there is always Iran and North Korea which pose a "nuclear threat", and Zimbabwe where Mugabue poses a threat to the Zimbabwean people, and is doing pretty much what Saddam Hussein did to the Iraqi people...

Of course then there is Russia with their apparently dodgy elections.

You never know what the USA would get up to next.

csinclair83
16-12-2003, 08:16 AM
and theres new zealand for not supporting the death penalty for saddam...

it probably would go after iran next (cheaper flights as its just across the border) then down to zimbabwe, then back up to russia then walk/swim over to north korea...
sounds like their plan is worked out for them...

Archibald
16-12-2003, 08:59 AM
> and theres new zealand for not supporting the death
> penalty for saddam...

Yes! New Zealand is way way to easy on criminals these days. But we will pay for it in the long run as they know they can get away with just about anything and will only breed criminals.

As for human rights for Saddam, give him what he gave his people.

Archibald
16-12-2003, 09:01 AM
Not to mention his neighbours.

csinclair83
16-12-2003, 09:04 AM
they(nz) are easy on crims but hard on innocents.....
(referring to the david bain case) anyway...

how can we be sure that hes done all this thou? coz if it was him, surely they should have gone in a while ago ( i know the father lost) but why did they wait nearly 8-10 years to re-try it if they knew what he was doing? or did they just try and move on and went back in coz of september 11?

Winston001
16-12-2003, 11:05 AM
There is plenty of information from Kurds and Iraqui people about the inhumanity of Saddam Hussein's rule. Unfortunately for the victims, there is no effective world police force yet to save them.

Iraq was attacked for three reasons:

1 As a scapegoat for Islamic terrorism
2 Saddam defied the USA after Kuwait and attempted to asassinate George Bush Snr
3 Iraq has lots of oil.

There are approximately 43 wars going on in the world at the moment. Additionally there are dictators and despots ruining the lives of people they do not like.

We need a force to rescue ordinary people. The UN is disorganised. At the moment the best we have are the bumbling well intentioned Americans supported by the British.

It is trendy to make jokes about George Bush and Americans in general.
No Iraquis could do the same about their own leader.

hazza
16-12-2003, 11:09 AM
43 wars ehhh, mmm thats alot...

metla
16-12-2003, 11:11 AM
Americans well intentioned?

They are the ones who suported Saddams rise to power,then suported his wars with his neibours,They provided military guidence,weapons and at one point were tracking Iran troop movements with satilites and giving the information directly to saddam.

as for why they were attacked by the usa?...im sure there were many reasons,But dont think for a second they are the same reasons that were presented to the public to justify the war.All this goes on behind closed doors.

Not that i care about the war,But lets not be blind about the yanks.

Winston001
16-12-2003, 12:16 PM
Yes Metla, your comments are perfectly fair. I did say "bumbling".

And Hazza: Murphys Law states that when I quote a statistic the source immediately disappears so I look stupid.

OK - I should have said "armed conflicts" instead of wars. Most are within countries rather than betwen nations. The number varies as to whether it is the United Nations, Oxfam, or Save the Children etc report being relied upon.

Nevertheless, there are lots of such conflicts with thousands, possibly millions of men,women,and children killed or maimed each year. I believe Western society has an obligation to stop these tragedies.

metla
16-12-2003, 12:23 PM
I dont,Why should our people die to stop there people dieing?

Especially when the people involved don't want/refuse to stop fighting.

csinclair83
16-12-2003, 01:04 PM
no one would want to stop fighting till they get what they want...

england is now distancing itself from saddam saying they would "reduntly" support the death penalty if it comes to that...

what i think they should do is put him ina 3x3 cell for the rest of his life and only 1 meal a day, that way he can actually suffer, coz if he gets the death penalty, he just dies and goes onto a better afterlife if there is one...no suffering..

he made millions suffer so why cant we make him suffer...

I only support the yanks if the main cause is world peace, otherwise they dont have my support at all..

seems like the "capture" of saddam doesnt make a difference with the car bombs in iraq afterwards...lets see what happens in next few weeks...

outrider
05-01-2004, 11:34 AM
I could tell you right now where those WMD are and how they know they are in iraq

1 no where as there are none

2 they asked there magic 8 ball were they were. iran, iraq ,iran iraq

outrider