PDA

View Full Version : Re:FAQ`s and Help Boards

albatross
14-12-2003, 08:36 PM
Hi,I use these boards on a regular basis and find a lot of answers to my problems without getting members to revisit the same old things so to speak.So I was just interested to know if it is at all possible to have a board where learners such as myself my go to learn how to configure security programs etc.Although there is plenty of help and advice on what programs to use when one has a problem,theres nothing about configuring them for maximum efficency.I myself just stick to the basic default setting which comes with the program,but would very much like to know what all the other settings are for and do,without having to post a question everytime,or is this perhaps just wishful thinking on my part,
Cheers A.

tweak\'e
14-12-2003, 09:42 PM
just ask. if theres enough someone will write a FAQ on it.

trouble with configureing programs is everyone has different needs and everyone has different ideas on whats best.

Susan B
15-12-2003, 04:52 PM
> I was just interested to know if it is at all possible to have a board where learners such as myself my go to learn how to configure security programs etc

If I cannot find the answer on this forum I have found most of what I want to know by doing a query in Google or at other computer forums.

I take it that you are thinking of firewalls? If it is Kerio you are wanting to know about there have been a few posts/threads with links to good info sites on that program but at the moment they are for the older version rather than for version 4.x. Just do a search here for "kerio" to find the threads.

I doubt anyone here would do a FAQ on security programs but as previously said, just ask questions here if you have any.