PDA

View Full Version : side bar restricts me from viewing the whole page

Compwiznot
11-12-2003, 12:12 AM
hello ,

i have internet explorer 6 and i wanted to view this website real badly but there is this pycos side bar which stops me from viewing the entire page. my OS is Xp professional
the website is www.rodenymullen.de

its a fan page of my fav skateboarder and i really wanted to view that page.

check out the site a see if it happens to ya'll

please temme how to solve this problem.

Thnx!!!

Compwiznot
11-12-2003, 12:15 AM
the sidebar is "lycos" sorry fer the spellin mistake !!!

Susan B
11-12-2003, 09:59 AM
Checked out the site (a typo in the url listed by the way, should be www.rodneymullen.de) and there is no sidebar displayed for me. I am using the Firebird browser but I also have a Hosts file which may have something to do with it.

Thanks for the link by the way, I have passed it on to a keen skater. Geoff Rowley is his idol though. :-)

Susan B
11-12-2003, 10:15 AM
OK, I have just viewed that page with my Hosts file off in Firebird and it is just the same.

I also went to the site with Internet Explorer and can now see what you are talking about - part of the page is unavailable due to the sidebar. I also got a popup advert which I did not get when using Firebird.

The solution for you? Download and start using Firebird (http://texturizer.net/firebird/download.html). ;-)

stu140103
11-12-2003, 10:47 AM
> check out the site a see if it happens to ya'll

Yep, I have IE 5.5SP2 & it happens for me too

> please temme how to solve this problem.

You canít! do any thing about that :(, you have to put up with that banner, unless you get another browser

stu140103
11-12-2003, 10:49 AM
> check out the site a see if it happens to ya'll

Yep, I have IE 5.5SP2 & it happens for me too

> please temme how to solve this problem.

You canít! do any thing about that :(, you have to put up with that banner, unless you get another browser

stu140103
11-12-2003, 10:57 AM
Sorry about the double post :8}