PDA

View Full Version : Outlook

bruciebear
10-12-2003, 10:33 AM
In Outlook, does anyone know how to make the calendar ( Outlook Today ) function work as it has dissapeared after reset of system. Cheers.

godfather
10-12-2003, 11:58 AM
Try:

View - Go to - Outlook Today?

bruciebear
10-12-2003, 01:42 PM
Ok my fault I did not listen to my better half. We have Outlook Today but the calendar is missing ? Any suggestions. Cheers.

Marlboro
10-12-2003, 02:53 PM
Three Options:

[Menu at top]: View - Goto - Calendar.

This should open the Calendar.

If this doesn't work try :

View - FolderList and search through your Mailbox(s) to find the calendar.

If this doesn't work you can create a new calendar:

Right click on your inbox, select "New Folder", and change the "File Contains" to "Appointments Items"....

godfather
10-12-2003, 03:23 PM
Or, if you have the word "Calendar" at the top of a blank area on the Outlook Today screen, click on the word "Calendar"

bruciebear
10-12-2003, 03:42 PM
ok thanks a bunch for that we can get calendar it is there as shortcut but cant get it to sit in/on the Outlook Today page? Any ideas thanks, cheers.

godfather
10-12-2003, 04:02 PM
If you have entries for that day, they will show.

No entries in calendar, = blank pane?

DebraClarke
10-12-2003, 04:09 PM
Everything in the calendar is there, it is in my shortcut and I can click on it no prob, but it should and used to show the calendar and the tasks on the Outlook Today page????????
I am the better half by the way, the one with the frustrating problem......
Thanks for your time.

godfather
10-12-2003, 04:14 PM
OK, mine has always only shown active events, and therefore calendar view was only there for the events on that day (Outlook Today, so only Today's events).

Its always been like that (Outlook XP) here and I have never wanted otherwise.

Doesn't seem like any settings available either (not that I want them).

DebraClarke
10-12-2003, 06:53 PM
Yes, that's what I want, TODAY on the left hand side of the page and Tasks on the right.

From there I can set up whether it shows the whole week, month or just a day but I have a BLANK ??????

Thanks again for your time.

godfather
10-12-2003, 07:08 PM
My point was, and my assumption has been, you only see on the Today page what applies to Today.

If no appointments or events are in the calander for today, you wont see the calander entries. If there are entries for today, they appear.

Thats how mine works anyway. I wasn't aware it could display the entire calandar in any form on that reduced area. I can't see (in Outlook 2002) any way of making it, even if I wanted to.
If it showed entries for the next week/month etc its not today in relevance I guess.

Are you saying it used to on yours? What versions of Windows and Outlook?

And is yours blank despite having entries in the calandar relating to todays date? (and your date, time and year are set OK on the PC?) or not?

jackyht
10-12-2003, 09:06 PM
Hi bruciebear

for your information.....

the "Outlook today" section is to show u the highlight of what activities that you gonna do for the week (set as ur preference!!!).... and it will remind the task that you need to do as well and also notify how many email ready to be read in your inbox....

it is certainly can't put the whole calendar in there!!!

Hope that helps
Jacky

DebraClarke
10-12-2003, 09:18 PM
I see what you are both saying and maybe I am not wording it right.
Prior to the server upgrade, I successfully ran Outlook, calendar, tasks etc etc.
On the Outlook today page, things that were in the calendar showed as did tasks.
That page is now blank although there are entries in the calendar.
Windows 98 and Office 2000 is what I am running.
Think it has installed a new Outlook over the top of the old and so while I have access to my old calendar and tasks, they don't seem to fit the new install.
Maybe I just have to start all over and use the calendar that has installed with the new install.
Thanks so much anyway.

DebraClarke
11-12-2003, 09:30 AM
All sorted :)

Thanks so much for all ideas given.

Just had to drag each entry from the old calendar to the new.

Merry Xmas

:)