PDA

View Full Version : Lost jpegs

Pibs
07-12-2003, 07:27 PM
I had some pics sent in jpeg that had the M/soft logo as an icon, when I tried to open it I was asked OPEN WITH I tried Word and it changed the jpeg to 135 pages of gobledegoock, the problem is that it has changed ALL the jpegs in my files. Is there any way I can get them back. thanks Pibs

Jen C
07-12-2003, 07:31 PM
Just left click once on a jpg file, then whilst holding down the Shift key, right click. Select Open with and then choose your original jpg viewer program. Make sure you put a tick beside "always use this program to open this type of file with".

Susan B
07-12-2003, 07:50 PM
For further help have a look at the FAQ section (link top right of this page). There is one on file associations. :-)

Pibs
07-12-2003, 09:05 PM
Thanks Jen C and Susan B, still no luck, what would be the usual prog to open jpegs? Pibs

godfather
07-12-2003, 09:22 PM
If you have any photo editor programs, select one.

There is no "usual" program, everyone has their own favourite application.

As we dont know what windows version you have, its a bit difficult.

As you are posting here, you must be using a browser, so can I suggest using that as the default for now?

Irfanview is one of the best free image viewers/editors, look for a free download site using Google?

Pibs
07-12-2003, 09:28 PM
Thanks G.F I will try the download see how I get on, Pibs

tommy
07-12-2003, 09:40 PM
You could associate your jpegs with Internet Explorer for now but IrfanView is better.

Pibs
07-12-2003, 10:22 PM
Thank you all it seems to have worked, that really was a senior moment according to her indoors, all is calm in Pibs place, (for now) Thanks
Pibs