PDA

View Full Version : To remove a programme

gus grant
07-12-2003, 04:07 PM
I have picked up two span programmes in my computer which I cannot delete.
They appear on the menu bar bottom right of the screen where the clock is situated.
I have right clicked each one then left click delete only to have the system freeze up and I have to switch the computer of and re start again.
I have also tried settings/control panel/highlight/add remove only to have the computer freeze up again.
I left click the icon to open the programme and when the window reads do you want to connect or exit, I click exit to make sure that the programme is closed before trying to delete it.
I would appreciate your help on this matter
Cheers
Gus Grant

tweak\'e
07-12-2003, 04:11 PM
>I have picked up two span programmes in my computer

whats a span program?

whats the program that you see at the menu bar?

what OS are you running?

have you run either adaware or spybot?

mikebartnz
07-12-2003, 04:11 PM
Two programs could help you. Spybot and Startup.exe. Do a seach on google for them. Also make sure you get a good firewall like Zonealarm if you don't already have one.

Susan B
07-12-2003, 07:42 PM
Are you perhaps meaning spam (as in junk email) rather than span?

As previously mentioned you could have picked up some spyware or some other nasty. Have a look at the FAQ on Spyware (link top right of this page) - you will need to scroll down to bottom of FAQ page for it.

gus grant
08-12-2003, 08:59 AM
Thanks Tweak'e

Yes it is spam

The icons are both a movie camera

Not sure what OS is

Gus

gus grant
08-12-2003, 09:04 AM
Thaks mikebartnz for you advice
Will look at the Spyware programme

gus grant
08-12-2003, 09:07 AM
Thank you Susan B

I am a bit of a novice. You have given me a lot to look at. I will try and work my way through it and may have to come back

Many thanks
Gus

mark c
08-12-2003, 09:08 AM
Also have alook at the FAQs here at Pressf1. Start with 1b Basic Maintenance and that will stop you getting into a lot of holes like this one. :D

(There could be a sticky post saying this)

Laura
08-12-2003, 09:12 AM
By OS, he meant Operating System.....e.g Windows 98 or ME or XP Home or whatever.
It often helps to know that when answering questions.