PDA

View Full Version : CD Auto load / Auto play

bba12
03-12-2003, 10:21 PM
Help

My CDs (music and data) used to auto load when put into the CD / DVD drive and now they don't - probably more secure but why has this happened? How do I restart the auto load feature? I have tried right clicking the drive icon and playing with the auto play settings there but still no auto load. I run XP.

Thanks in advance. :)

Chilling_Silently
03-12-2003, 10:33 PM
Open up My Computer
Right-Click on your CD-ROM Drive that wont autoload
Choose Properties

There should be a tab called Autorun or Autoload - Click it.

From there, you have a drop-down menu up the top, select the type of contect the CD has you wish to autoload, and then select the desired action :-)

Hope this helps

Chill.

parry
04-12-2003, 01:07 AM
If it still doesnt work after following Chilling_Silently's instructions then read this article. (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=330135)

bba12
04-12-2003, 08:14 PM
Thanks parry and Chilling_Silently

Still won't autoload after selecting the drive and right clicking and choosing CD content etc.. Suspect I should have a look at the registry per parry's article link. Thanks for the help. :)

bba12
04-12-2003, 08:14 PM
Thanks parry and Chilling_Silently

Still won't autoload after selecting the drive and right clicking and choosing CD content etc.. Suspect I should have a look at the registry per parry's article link. Thanks for the help. :)

Jimmy D
05-12-2003, 09:54 AM
in my opinion i think the autoload is rather annoying, if ur in a game of cs and u want to listen to a CD then it minimizes and u have no sound

kiwibeat
05-12-2003, 10:04 AM
Auto load is dangerous if you are burning a lot so is best left off

parry
05-12-2003, 03:32 PM
Whats burning got to do with autoload? You can hold down the Shift Key for a couple of secs when closing tray and it over-rides Autoload.